Neck brace. Which one should I go with?

So I've taken some hard falls and looking to invest in a neck brace. I've narrowed it down to the alpinestars and leatt 5.5. Anyone got any suggestions. I want to be able to move my head freely. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Atlas.  I have one, my youngest son has an AStar and my middle son has a Leatt.  The Atlas has the best freedom of movement and it is light.  Second choice is the original, of course, Leatt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Atlas.  I have one, my youngest son has an AStar and my middle son has a Leatt.   The Atlas has the best freedom of movement and it is light.  Second choice is the original, of course, Leatt.

Agreed, never been a fan of the alpinestars. Try them on at the store though, not sure how much customizability there is because I've had mine my leatt for years but I remember Astar not having much to help with fit

Though not on your list I too would recommend you try the Atlas. I had an Astar and though I liked it at first after awhile I didn't care for it much. I had trouble looking ahead sometimes 'cause the back of my helmet would hit it. Mine was almost too small so I think the back sat too high. I fell in the size range where a medium was almost too small but a large was too big. No adjustment so I sold it to a guy at work for his son who it fit well. I now have an Atlas and I really like it. It's light and has some adjustment, I almost forget I even have it on. I also like how it doesn't direct the force of impact onto the spine. I've tried on Leatt's in the store and a newer one at the track and didn't like them that much.

I would get the one that has the two "plates" for your back that distributes the force to your shoulder blades, rather than your spine. I rather break my shoulder blades than spine. I have already broken my spine and it wasn't fun.

8 hours ago, 91kdx25088 said:

I would get the one that has the two "plates" for your back that distributes the force to your shoulder blades, rather than your spine. I rather break my shoulder blades than spine. I have already broken my spine and it wasn't fun.

Atlas is the one.

• Like 1