Would I like a 250xcf

Im wanting to get my first brand new dirtbike and as of now its going to be a 2017-18 250xcf as it sounds like this is the best one for me. Would I like this bike? I race harescrambles in pennsylvania/ohio and have been trying to find the right bike since I started racing.

I had a yz125 at first and hated the lack of power but it handled nice. Then I got a crf250x and loved the power delivery and e-start, but it was so heavy for being a 250 and the carburator made it feel, tired as it didn't want to get wrung out on hills or straight-aways. As of right now, I'm on a 2014 yz250f. The power is what I want where you dont have to pin it everywhere for it to move but you can, and handles good. Its a pain to start forst kick at the start and sucks on the hills trying to start it though and have lost some spots that I wouldnt have if I had the easier starting 125 or the e-start 250x.

So would I like the 250xcf or possibly a 250sxf in the woods due to it being that fuel injected power delivery I like and e-start? Or should I look somewhere else?

Edited by schutt516

Get the xcfw, it's very similar to the xcf yet it has the wide range transmission which is a six speed. Don't get the sxf. I have a 250 xcfw and I love it

1 hour ago, 4wheelinbro said:

Get the xcfw, it's very similar to the xcf yet it has the wide range transmission which is a six speed. Don't get the sxf. I have a 250 xcfw and I love it

That ones more like the crf250x i owned but updated correct?

My brother has a crf250x with an aftermarket exhaust and it's kind of a turd on power compared to mine. You would for sure love the xcf and it would be a slight step up from the crfx

My brother has a crf250x with an aftermarket exhaust and it's kind of a turd on power compared to mine. You would for sure love the xcf and it would be a slight step up from the crfx

Im looking for a demo day around but it sounds like I will be right at home on the 250xcfw!

You would have to find a slightly used one because they don't make them anymore but none the less you would love the bike. And if you want a badass woods machine get a 300 xcw. My dad has one and let's just say the clutch is pointless for popping wheelies in any gear. And you can luv it almost as much as a four stroke! It makes some serious power. Good luck