1995 cr250, had cylinder bored and sleeved with la sleeve. Sleeve not installed right and ports on cylinder do not match sleeve ports turned about 1/8 from being lined up. Can it be fixed or is it permanent? Please give useful advise, much appreciated.

1494511452863-1383091917.jpg

14945115820071336607129.jpg

Shouldn't you ask L.A. Sleeve,

not only if it's repairable but, especially why this got by their quality control and shipped out...

Edited by mlatour

L.A. Sleeve didn't install it in the cylinder. Sorry for not being clear. It has been installed in the cylinder crooked, and I am wondering if it can be corrected.

Quick search on Google and some seem to have successfully removed a sleeve by placing the cylinder in an oven or BBQ

and tapping it out with a plastic mallet.

Warnings on pressing it out 'cold' as it may deform and gall the surrounding aluminium, making for a loose fitting sleeve thereafter.

Heating the cylinder / freezing the sleeve to re-install it.

Edited by mlatour

As long as your ring retaining pin isn't going to line up with an open port I would just go ahead and run it the way it is.  You can heat and remove etc but you can also distort one.  Sleeves are so far down my list of alternatives and especially on a bike like a cr250 where parts are abundant,  I would just run it and look for one that is worth replating and gain back the benefits that the factory sent it with.   

I Agree, but parts for a 95 cr250 are unfortunately NOT abundant, or that would have been my choice to begin with. Thanks for all the advice though, I appreciate your time.