Riding Impression: 2017 300RR RE (Dirt Bike Test)

I don't think I'll ever own anything other than a 300RR ever again.

14947459_10210528198988519_3472029435193

• Like 3

Kind of a vague article... some of the things I just don't agree with. The bike doesn't feel wide, actually feels quite narrow. Also, I dunno what WP suspension components they like better. I don't know about the AER forks on the XC, so I can't comment there, but I would say the Beta has much better suspension than the xc-ws. My 2016 Sachs CC's were very good out of the box...my only complaint about the stock 2015 shock, was that it's very soft...dunno how different the '17's are.

• Like 3

That was an incredibly poorly written article.  Almost from the onset I got the impression the author had traded the assignment of writing a review for a free bike to ride, and he was late handing in his paper. Usually a fan of the DBT work product ... this time not so much.

• Like 2

Well .. it does say riding "impression".  It's a good introduction for some..and I don't know. I'm sort of don't care about magazine or online reviews as much these days.  The bike sort of speaks for itself in sales and rider satisfaction to me. All the newest 250 300 estart 2 stroke enduros are great bikes .. some are a little better than others maybe.. I don't know.. as time is going on. I'm sort of missing when Beta was obscure and no one knew much about the brand or bike . If I'd buy today I'd get the race edition 300 rr. Looking around what's better?eh..  husky? ktm? gasgas? All good.. and nothing coming from the japanese.. sherco? no kicker.. same old story.. TM? no estart.. nothing different much from 13.. Beta tops out for me.. unless some put more weight on a counterbalance 2 stroke.. eh.. and an air fork? eh.. dirtrider gave the  spring kit for the air fork the product of the year.. It's still choose your weapon and my weapon is red.. maybe with some white and blue too..  i think those that don't ride as much technical may give more of an edge to ktm and husky?..maybe? I like a lower bike.. Beta rules there..and a few things.. it's just little things that add up all together to give certain edges over one bike or another. I still think if my 2013 300rr wasn't stolen I'd still be stoked riding that with no desire to buy new..of any brand for 2 stroke enduro at least. I'd just keep adjusting the little things to make the bike better and better.. and there wasn't much more to do.. I had the bigger 14 fuel tank and the bike's suspension was great.. just some tuning .. like every bike .

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I didn't think the review was that far off if at all. It basically says the Beta is a contender and set up for more experience rider which the RE is! He stated the Beta wasn't as planted or held a line on the slope, this should be true because of the weight of the 4t and the modded 4CS which he most likely had. Again with the RE model the suspension isn't plush enough to be really planted box stock. Beta's 300 motor is one of the best out there and he points that out.

• Like 1

I got to the end and thought the same thing, then figured it was really just an initial ride review with more to come. It really seemed like they were just trying to jump on the wagon with something in print.

20 hours ago, gr4vitas said:

I don't think I'll ever own anything other than a 300RR ever again.

14947459_10210528198988519_3472029435193

Off topic :) What LED bars are they ?? Wattage ? Are the spliced to the headlight wiring or running a separate system ?? 

2 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Off topic :) What LED bars are they ?? Wattage ? Are the spliced to the headlight wiring or running a separate system ?? 

Wired them inline with the low beam, using a rectifier to rectify to DC and a capacitor to smooth out the vdroop. 18 watts each.

I've got a video about the whole thing here:

• Like 3