Bike stopped working with choke off

So I was just out for a ride, 2 miles deep in the woods and my bike suddenly turns off going down a hill. Tried to start it with no luck. 

Eventually got it started, but with the choke on so I had to ride it back through the woods like that, and a few miles on the road. I could periodically turn the choke off, but I'd have to feather the clutch and rev it like hell or it'd die

This happened a couple minutes after going through a couple wet, muddy sections so idk if the bike sucked in water or what. 

Also seemed like it was idling higher than usual with the choke on

any ideas?  

Where exactly is the fuel screw on this? Lol. It's a 2011 wr450f. And I don't even know how to go about taking the carb out on this thing. The frame is all in the way, much easier to take out the one on my 2 smoker 

image.jpg

Wash it

Loosen the carb clamps

Rotate the carb left side out

Turn off the fuel

Plug the gas tank overflow

Lay the bike on the ground, right side

Sit on the ground and remove the drain plug/access hole to get to the jets. It's tight.

Better yet, remove the float bowl cover.....if you don't have an ISO phillips screwdriver, you will have to make one by grinding 1mm off the tip of a #2 phillips

It's really tight in there for doing it this way, but I have done it dozens of times.

You need to treat your fuel for ethanol poisoning, every tank.

• Like 1

Think I might just clean the bike up and take it to a shop. I don't feel completely comfortable digging into the engine area on this bike haha. Thanks for the help though guys. 

I don't mind messing around with my 17 year old 250 but 4 strokes are a lot more intimidating to me