Mikunit TM40-6

Just bought my TM40. Thanks for listing the parts in another thread JoeRC51. My only questions...is it jetted well out of the box for stock 650L motor with a slip-on and opened air box (snorkel removed)? & what do i do about the "choke"/ enricher? Also, I'm usually at 900ft or so in GA. Sometimes in the North Carolina mountains at 2000ft.

Cant edit title for some reason.

I'm pretty much at sea level and all I had to do was go down two sizes on the main jet. Your stock Keihin enricher will screw right into the Mikuni. I would say try four down on the main jet , one or two on the pilot and drop the needle one notch from the middle for a start.

10-4 thank you sir! I'm assuming I'll need to get new jets and that my Keihin jets wont work from the stocker (55/158)?

The jets aren't interchangeable and the numbering systems are different also , so forget any sizes you used before .

Alrighty. Thanks for the help! Will report back after install on this one. Probably with more questions.

Well NicheCycle emailed me today giving me a refund and an extra credit. They were unable to fill the order fully, as the engine side adapter is currently in production. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit to resubmit my order. Sad day. On the good side, their customer service is terrific!

• Like 2