Need help with ktm 250sxf 07

Hi im new here and new to ktm. I bought a bike this winter and was told it was driven 10hr from top end rebuilt. I only got half an hour on the bike when i valve boke. When i took it apart there was no shims on top of the valves. Is that the couse of my problem or are no shims on the valve when it is new?

Sounds like the 'rebuild' was done by a person who had no idea what they were doing.  There are alays supposed to be shims.

Correct way is to cut the seat, install the valve, thin-ish shim, and check clearance, mill valve stem to require a thick-ish shim. Who ever did your head did not do that and who knows what else. I'd get a proper valve job done by a reputable pro. BigBoreThumpers, FastHeads, ect. You may (worse case) need all new valves and new seats installed.

That is what i tought. I had to get a nother head with valves. Now im mesuring the valve clearence in left side are 0.40 and right side 0.70 with no shims. Where can i see some quide of shimming

• Like 1

Now the bike been put back togheter and drivern for about an hour. Then it started making this sound.