Jump to content

Help us improve this DR-Z400 product

Recommended Posts

We are kicking around some ideas on how to improve the ThumperTalk engine case shields, but we though, let's ask the DRZ guys! They'll know! :thumbsup:That said, how would you improve our product? Especially those that looked and passed, why? Appreciate your insights!

1218549.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I didn't buy them because of the logo. I went with the blank CFC ones for a bit less cash. Not sure what else there is to improve about some flat bits of metal though.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Personally I didn't buy them because of the logo. I went with the blank CFC ones for a bit less cash. Not sure what else there is to improve about some flat bits of metal though.

I suspected that might be an issue for some. Thx for the feedback. :thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too passed on the clutch side because I didn't want a logo. I did buy the stator side and am quite happy with it. Somehow I have yet to drop my bike on that side so I can't test the durability of it but anything will help.  

What about just a half case saver for the lower part where the brake pedal might hit?  You could almost split one in half and use it twice..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just about to pull the trigger on some case savers today and I saw email alert for this thread. Funny how things work! I was leaning towards the TT savers when I found cheaper ones on eBay. I haven't ordered yet, mainly because of this thread popping up. But for me, I was leaning towards another product simply due to price. After shipping, I would pay $43 for the case savers. I can get a set on eBay for $15 shipped. I know you get what you pay for BUT that's not always the case. TT case .062 vs eBay .059 thickness wise. 

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge TT fan!! But that's more $$ in my gas tank... 

PS still undecided 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still havent upgraded mine, looked at the TT but the price, for me is a little high. i dont mind paying a little more to help in a forum i participate or when its made in the USA, but when the price is almost double i hesitate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe laser the hole a different shape like hexagon or have 2 or 3 options . 1/2 sizes for only the bottom is a good idea as an option . I wouldn't buy the cheaper Chinese ones for the simple reason 99% of they're products are copies of someone elses idea . 

 

 

.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the TT logo and would like to see it painted on in contrasting red,white and black.I also would like to see a tube of rtv included in the kit along with a little plastic spatula to apply it.Those are my recommendations.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tacomajack09 said:

I was just about to pull the trigger on some case savers today and I saw email alert for this thread. Funny how things work! I was leaning towards the TT savers when I found cheaper ones on eBay. I haven't ordered yet, mainly because of this thread popping up. But for me, I was leaning towards another product simply due to price. After shipping, I would pay $43 for the case savers. I can get a set on eBay for $15 shipped. I know you get what you pay for BUT that's not always the case. TT case .062 vs eBay .059 thickness wise. 

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge TT fan!! But that's more $$ in my gas tank... 

PS still undecided 

I won't lie. We'd have to go to China to compete on price. We will not become part of the problem of personal gain at the expense of the American worker. We've even caught Chinese manufacturers putting our logo in their crap! No joke... We're 100% American made and will not sell our workers out.

Here's the rat bastard ripping off our logo. Ebay forced them to remove it.
s-l1600.jpg

But, ours are thicker, the edges are chamfered/beveled so they don't snag, and machined brushed in finished.  I know they are better. But again, even if we cut corners, at $15 shipped, we simply stop selling them and fire the people who make them for us. US worker 0, China 1. The Chinese govt even subsidizes the shipping fees so they can dump crap on our soil at a price that we can't compete with stateside.

Cold, hard truth.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

We are kicking around some ideas on how to improve the ThumperTalk engine case shields, but we though, let's ask the DRZ guys! They'll know! :thumbsup:That said, how would you improve our product? Especially those that looked and passed, why? Appreciate your insights!

1218549.jpg

 

I would like to see it formed all the way around that "ear" that is at 11 o'clock on the shifter side, where y'all have the cut out now.  Somehow I smashed that "ear" and ended up having to replace the case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with a Russian guy who was selling on eBay only because he cut the Suzuki "S" in them and wrote DRZ under it.

Just dont get me wrong, love TT and the community but that script Suzuki S just looked so damn cool :p

Also price was about the same for both the TT and Russian dude, but again it was simply the design and flare that swayed my decision and was not really effected by cost.

Cant find the exact listing at the moment, but looked VERY similar to these but in silver and more artistic on the 'S' engraving 

IMG_2979.JPG.dcfa8bcbdfbb7363f30d65d7d70710b5.JPG

Edited by RC_ichard
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i still havent upgraded mine, looked at the TT but the price, for me is a little high. i dont mind paying a little more to help in a forum i participate or when its made in the USA, but when the price is almost double i hesitate

Here's the thing man, even at double the price their profit is less than half because of labor eh? I buy Murkin shit because I'm Amurkin. We as a society need to look at history, stuff used to cost a lot and we had way less stuff, but we had a functioning manufacturing base and the largest middle class economy in the history of the world. Is the temporary purchasing jolt of endorphins worth sacrificing our place in history? Nope.
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing man, even at double the price their profit is less than half because of labor eh? I buy Murkin shit because I'm Amurkin. We as a society need to look at history, stuff used to cost a lot and we had way less stuff, but we had a functioning manufacturing base and the largest middle class economy in the history of the world. Is the temporary purchasing jolt of endorphins worth sacrificing our place in history? Nope.

i agree, thats why i havent bought the Chinese one. hell i havent set foot in walmart for years.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×