Help Removing 2007 250 SX-F Carb

Guys,

Pulled the bike out of storage and runs, but is acting up a little.  

1.  Hard to start
2.  Won't idle without choke until it's very warm.
3. Throttle lingers on release - so RPMS stay up.  And if I adjust the idle higher, this becomes VERY noticable.
4.  Lurching forward slightly.

I figure it's time to clean the carb.  Now, I've done carb cleans on Honda's, but this is my first KTM.  Anyone have any how-to videos (Model specific).  Searching YouTube and it looks like nobody has done one for this specific model... or least none that I can find.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Get a replacement pilot jet is the easiest .... thats the root of the problem.

Clean out all the gummed up areas.

Removing the carb is easy and you can do it a few ways, the way i do it is lift the subframe by un doing 4 bolts that are torques. Take the exhaust off and there you have your carb.

That's the way i do it, as for cleaning it you may already know. 

Cheers 

29 minutes ago, TomTopDog12 said:

Removing the carb is easy and you can do it a few ways, the way i do it is lift the subframe by un doing 4 bolts that are torques. Take the exhaust off and there you have your carb.

That's the way i do it, as for cleaning it you may already know. 

Cheers 

I've heard about this, guy I know said it's the easiest way without taking off tank, seat, etc. etc.   but couldn't find any pics or videos on how to do it.  Anyway you could snap a pic of the 4 bolts you are referring to?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danp said:

I've heard about this, guy I know said it's the easiest way without taking off tank, seat, etc. etc.   but couldn't find any pics or videos on how to do it.  Anyway you could snap a pic of the 4 bolts you are referring to?

Sorry for the bad picture but here's the break down.

Remove the seat bolt under the rear fender.

Then remove the two 8mm screws that hold the exhaust on.

then take that subframe bolt out with a 45 torques bolt. there is the exact same on on the other side. 

Take the two raditor bolts out of both the shrouds.

Under the seat up where the gas tank is there is another 8mm bolt down a hole that holes the tank in. 

I forgot to highlight, in order to swing the subframe up you must loosen the two shock bolts that hold the top of the shock in place. if you need help find them i can show a picture.

250 sx-f.jpg