Looking to sell my 06 230F How do you use thumpertalk classified?

I don't think there is a classified section. I'd recommend craigslist, offerup, and letgo. That's what are use when searching.

Would like sell someone who loves these bikes It has  Comple CR 125 front end w  Emig Racing stem Works shock Motor stock  Cow jetting Uni filter Pro Circuit exhaust Hbar risers Renthal Fatbars and grips Acerbis hand guards Key and  safety switch removed New Dunlop Geomax tires H/D tubes bearings and seals New chain sprockets Decal mix decals $1800

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baja Rambler said:

Nobody looks at thumpertalk classifieds.

In the last 30 days, 9,084 page views requested by "nobody". 

So far I've listed two things and sold two things.  No buyers either. :foul:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

In the last 30 days, 9,084 page views requested by "nobody". 

So far I've listed two things and sold two things.  No buyers either. :foul:

Ok, great point.

But it seems like a win-win if people have parts for a specific model, that they post in the model-specific thread where people would be most interested. Why do they get in trouble for that?

Nobody looks at thumpertalk classifieds.

Probably because people like me didn't even know it exists.

1 hour ago, Baja Rambler said:

Ok, great point.

But it seems like a win-win if people have parts for a specific model, that they post in the model-specific thread where people would be most interested. Why do they get in trouble for that?

A few reasons: 

1. With a forum of our size, it would get out of hand quickly. I've been doing this 17 years. Trust me on that.
2. Nobody wants to do a site search and get a for sale thread from 8 years ago b/c they happen to use keywords in the for sale post. Useless data that mucks up good search results.
3. We don't want the search engines indexing 8 year old for sale posts. Again, useless.

In contrast, the classified system has it's own search database and ads that sell or expire are automatically pruned. You can find items for your bike in the classifieds simply by using the search. Note that when you click into classifieds, the search automatically defaults to search that section. If you have more than one ad listed, it creates a link to your other stuff. It includes a map for say, a bike for sale, you can choose to accept "offers", and how you want to communicate. Oh, that leads to another point. We don't want email from an 8 year old thread where someone posted their contact info, are now betting spammed, and they want us to manually remove it. Again site is too big for that.

It's not a matter of getting in trouble b/c we don't like it. It's a matter of running a site in an organized fashion. The system works great if you chose to use it.

29 minutes ago, CRF James said:

Probably because people like me didn't even know it exists.

Why do you think that is? How can we make stuff like this more clear? We can't have a button for everything however. 70% of our traffic is mobile and there simply is only so much screen real estate for menus.

• Like 3

Thanks for the explanation, Bryan.  I see your point.  Things get mucked up enough as it is.  I'll try to remember to search the TT classifieds now.

• Like 2

I bought knee braces 10 minutes after they hit the classified, and sold them within a day .
I've found many a great deal on the classifieds here, and trust the sellers quite a bit more than on pervlist or fleaBay...

• Like 1