streetlegal; What's a good year to buy for Dual sport.

I currently have a 2005 525 EXC that I'm beginning to believe is impossible to make street legal in CA. I hear conflicting stories, some saying yes but mostly saying its not possible.  If anyone has been successful for this model/year, please let me know.

If I can't get my bike street legal, I'm prepared to buy a clean used KTM 500, 525 or 530 that is. I've been told the 2008 is a year I should stay away from.  Does anyone have advice on any other "street legal" years I should look for or stay away from?

Thanks,

Anything 2007 and older will not be able to reg for street use. Bikes need to be street legal from factory.   

On 5/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, Alan Shaffer said:

I currently have a 2005 525 EXC that I'm beginning to believe is impossible to make street legal in CA. I hear conflicting stories, some saying yes but mostly saying its not possible.  If anyone has been successful for this model/year, please let me know.

If I can't get my bike street legal, I'm prepared to buy a clean used KTM 500, 525 or 530 that is. I've been told the 2008 is a year I should stay away from.  Does anyone have advice on any other "street legal" years I should look for or stay away from?

Thanks,

Have you gone to the DMV and tried?? .......... The EXC was factory street legal, do you have the turn sigs still ? 

On 5/13/2017 at 2:27 AM, Bill_B said:

Anything 2007 and older will not be able to reg for street use. Bikes need to be street legal from factory.   

2006 and older, EXC 525 was the first year factory street legal.