oversized tank

Clarke is my choice. Fits lower and in less than five minutes you will forget you have a big tank. I have had at least twenty over the years and never an issue. I have never had an IMS that fit thout a struggle and gave up on them. Any neutral "color" will turn ugly.

• Like 1

Clarke is my choice. Fits lower and in less than five minutes you will forget you have a big tank. I have had at least twenty over the years and never an issue. I have never had an IMS that fit thout a struggle and gave up on them. Any neutral "color" will turn ugly.

they'll turn ugly, but i'm only keeping the bike til the end of this season, just wanna know how much fuel i have during a race.

I put the IMS 3 gallon on my cr250, great fitment and it widens the shrouds just a little which feels nice when im holding onto the bike with my thighs. 

20160507_134824.jpg.1121b62a08c916d9e92d9790575270be.jpg

20160314_233524.jpg

20160316_103036.jpg

20160507_155424.jpg

I put the IMS 3 gallon on my cr250, great fitment and it widens the shrouds just a little which feels nice when im holding onto the bike with my thighs. 

20160507_134824.jpg.1121b62a08c916d9e92d9790575270be.jpg
20160314_233524.jpg.1eda99ce1f3418d1f5ff4a284795e345.jpg
20160316_103036.jpg.b5cfb05fff6bb2343d445ea31905ddf7.jpg
20160507_155424.jpg.3e78f692b34cf59a5b5c994ab7d89306.jpg

looks good, that's probably what i'm getting. thanks for the pics.

i received my IMS last week and ok but fitting needs improving:

for bolting the seat nuts. the holes stay far away now. nothing impossible but it's a dremel work i have to accomplish

and the  ims clamp is no correctly drill, too far down so dremel work again to widen upwards the hole for correct bolting

the last thing is that it's a big step far away to see th CR250 as it is.its motocross bike image is completely blurred.One idea is black paint on it , or black vinil.

• Like 1

i received my IMS last week and ok but fitting needs improving:
for bolting the seat nuts. the holes stay far away now. nothing impossible but it's a dremel work i have to accomplish
and the  ims clamp is no correctly drill, too far down so dremel work again to widen upwards the hole for correct bolting
the last thing is that it's a big step far away to see th CR250 as it is.its motocross bike image is completely blurred.One idea is black paint on it , or black vinil.

fashion over function, i don't care about the looks, winning races is more important for me.
  • Like 1

I currently have 2 Clarkes and an IMS.  The Clarke is a little slimmer on top and narrower at the seat to shroud junction where you grab with your knees. The underside shape is slightly different between to the two which I discovered as I have moved my CDI under the tank.  I did heat and mold a small amount of clearance for the spark plug but this is probably only a concern as I am running and 01 motor in the 3rd gen frame and the cylinder is more vertical.  As far as quality, I would rate them pretty even. I did have to slightly file one of the IMS mounting brackets but not a big deal.  I've switched back and forth over the past few years and honestly don't really notice a difference.  One Clarke is black and both the other and IMS are the natural.  They are a few years old and still look good.

• Like 1

fashion over function, i don't care about the looks, winning races is more important for me.

Fernando may be Italian. The best and worst thing about Italy is that people there value elegant design at least as much as function. All my boots are Italian, but one Ducati was enough to convince me elegant design should be a secondary consideration!
  • Like 2

i am stiil in two minds, black vinil or paint.?

i don't race,

i go  " emotion recollected in tranquility"

i am stiil in two minds, black vinil or paint.?
i don't race,
i go  " emotion recollected in tranquility"

paint would scratch and vinyl will bubble

On 5/13/2017 at 10:55 AM, HeavyRotation said:

Fernando may be Italian. The best and worst thing about Italy is that people there value elegant design at least as much as function. All my boots are Italian, but one Ducati was enough to convince me elegant design should be a secondary consideration!

A brave man you are. I said something similar in the Beta threads about some Italian engineering design "features" and thought I was going to have to build a moat around my house. Those ladies are very sensitive!

• Like 2

A brave man you are. I said something similar in the Beta threads about some Italian engineering design "features" and thought I was going to have to build a moat around my house. Those ladies are very sensitive!

Funny, I was just price checking a 500 rss.

Damn,i am neither italian nor have next of kin on that latitudes!!!

And i have nothing against  those "designers" spread on  Pocahontas' homeland

God save me!

One and last thing is that we are too far away from the topic.

Edited by frenando

While my 250 is still apart i figured I'd post up a few pictures for you. 

The IMS tank fit just fine for me, not a single modification needed. 

20170513_085907.jpg

20170513_085921.jpg

20170513_085940.jpg

• Like 1