So i have a 2009 kx450f with efi and I'm trying to hook up lights and turn signals and all of that good stuff to make it street legal. I know I need to tap into the bikes power supply to power all of this but I don't know where that would be. Should I go through the cdi or the efi and if so where would that be. 

You would likely want to grab power from the regulator/rectifier. Now you just need a multi meter to figure out which wires are positive and which is ground. 

If I had to guess, I'd say orange yellow is 12v, and black yellow is ground. 

Just make sure you use a fuse.

14v would likely be fine. A fresh 12v battery puts out 14v. Is there any labeling on the regulator about the amps it can handle? Also, what light set up are you planning to use? 

There can be a big spread there, like the 45w led I run, vs like a 10w setup. 

That might be a bit much for a system that wasn't designed with lights. This bike isn't electric start either, is it? 

50w would probably be too much without rewinding the stator. 

Some of the light marketers rate the lights in equivalent watts of light, which IMO is misleading since the important item is the power they consume (watts) and the light they produce (lumens). e.g. An incandescent bulb that consumes 35 watts of power will produce about 630 lumens of light, a halogen about 980 lumens, a HID about 2800 lumens, and a LED about 3500 lumens. So a 10 watt LED would produce about the same light as a 35 watt incandescent bulb.