how do we test the CDI box?

I have a 2013 Husaberg TE 300, first day out of this year, road 17.8 kms and died!!  Checked spark plug with a new one.  Still no spark. Load bike on truck. Took it back to my garage.  tested all the components,  the very last test, was to test the pin #3 and #4, for voltage output.. i got zero, it says to replace the ignition impulse generator.  Im going to assume that is the stator,  I got one ordered up and still waiting or it..  Im little concern about the CDI box.  is there a way to test that?  any one here know how?

its pretty much the same bike as a KTM 300.  orange bike with blue plastic.

10 minutes ago, Shane MacPherson said:

Im going to assume that is the stator,  I got one ordered up and still waiting or it..  Im little concern about the CDI box.  is there a way to test that?  any one here know how?

No way to test CDI, other than to borrow one from a good running bike.

• Like 1

thats what i thought...  pretty stupid when you have to do all the other test and spend money replacing other components and then at the end its the CDI box.  

99.9% of the time it is the stator or crank position sensor. The heat does them in. Stators work at full output all the time, excess current being shunted to ground (hence the reg/rect getting so hot).  I've had one CDI box fail in my life and that was back in the 1970's.

• Like 1

I hope so, i don't want to wait for parts, they take way too &%$#@!-!ing long to come in.

Edited by Shane MacPherson