what do you high level hate scramble riders do for workouts besides actually ride the bike itself? my riding time is limited but i have lots of access to a gym. thank you

I do a lot of cardio. 30 minutes minimum either running machine or stationary bike. I do body weight style workouts which allow high reps. Battle ropes are a good workout. And core stuff always. I'm not fast by any means but find myself getting faster as races go on since i started focusing on the gym. Make a lot of my passes late in the race as everyone else stats getting winded

• Like 2

RacerX personal trainer. They have a workout routine for every racer from beginner to pro. I've been doing it for 6 months and it's been good. I've always been an athlete and haveto exercise for my job but like having a set routine. At work we have concept rowers, ski-erg (one of the hardest things I've done) airdyne bikes and Vera's climbers for cardio. I will usually do one of those per day along with some sort of strength routine. Focus on the power muscle workouts like squats, rows, push press, deadlifts. And lots of core to stabilize yourself while riding.

Just remember, when doing cardio, don't just sit on an elliptical or stationary bike and ride at the same pace for an hour. That's no good, vary your intensity and resistance!

• Like 1

I don't race, but for just hard trail riding I've noticed that working on upper body strength helps with manuevering the bike. And of course, cardio. A personal fitness routine is necessary for your overall health anyway. 

Btw, this has been discussed at length in the health and fitness forum.

• Like 1

Most of these went to the dump. I got one from my grannies basement. They should have marketed these to riders. You can target every muscle that you use on a bike as well as high reps and cardio. Add sit ups and push ups. I bought a cheap clutch perch and I'm working on a spring to attach to it.

Most of these went to the dump. I got one from my grannies basement. They should have marketed these to riders. You can target every muscle that you use on a bike as well as high reps and cardio. Add sit ups and push ups. I bought a cheap clutch perch and I'm working on a spring to attach to it.

Screenshot_2017-05-24-13-07-44.png