Clutch switch delete

I ride my bike primarily off-road so I deleted the clutch lever switch which is a huge fail point if bike is ever dropped on that side. IMG_4235.PNGIMG_4236.PNGIMG_4237.PNGIMG_4238.PNG

• Like 1

2 WORDS...GREAT IDEA. Plastic or metal hand guards won't stop a clutch lever from breaking or taking a hard impact and I've seen it many times. Over time, the plastic mechanical switch will fail anyway so I like the idea of replacing the lever with a simple one without a switch. At least we know you won't be stranded 15 miles deep in the woods because of a simple switch.

• Like 2

I like this game!

Three words:

Highway Dirt Bikes

https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=handguards_00

I've wiped my bike out many a time in the rocks and have never bent/broken a lever. ( I have shorty levers) HDB guards are the best you can buy. The Clutch switch can be disabled. Just wire the 2 wires together.

Clutch Switch Bypass

Bypassing the clutch switch is as simple as connecting the two wires going to it together. You can also pull the wires back to the main harness and splice them together there. The wires colors are green/orange and green/red

Edited by Force0321
  • Like 1

not sure that there are many switches on the LRP that would actually leave you stranded. maybe the 13lb switch...but even that you  just push the wires together for a bit. the clutch and brake switches are just simple open/closed kind of jobs so twisting the ends of a broken switch housing isn't exactly rocket surgery.

• Like 2