love my 17 250fx but i feel like its either in to high of a gear or choppy in another

anyone else experience this, if im in say 2nd then i feel like im getting close to shifting but then in third i feel like im chopping the throttle. fully stock w just a different air filter. any recommendations?

i just feel like the throttle isnt smooth down low and if i want to give a little throttle for maintenance it bucks or chops. Has anyone changed the gearing?

Do a search. Some people say they dont notice it, I do. When you are in technical slow stuff, you need to feather the clutch to control it from jumping around.

This is when riding just above idle though. When riding with any speed, I dont notice it and welcome the instant hit of power whenever I need it.

I disagree that adding an exhaust will have any bearing on removing the bottom end choppiness. I have a Yoshi pipe ( that i purchased to have the SA ), and I dont notice any changes.

I did read on here that someone put the "hard hitting map" on with the tuner, and felt it was the smoothest off idle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XRalways said:

Do a search. Some people say they dont notice it, I do. When you are in technical slow stuff, you need to feather the clutch to control it from jumping around.

This is when riding just above idle though. When riding with any speed, I dont notice it and welcome the instant hit of power whenever I need it.

I disagree that adding an exhaust will have any bearing on removing the bottom end choppiness. I have a Yoshi pipe ( that i purchased to have the SA ), and I dont notice any changes.

I did read on here that someone put the "hard hitting map" on with the tuner, and felt it was the smoothest off idle.

THanks i will do some research here and look into it. I havent seen any tunes specifically for the FX, did they use the YZ one?