Edelbrock Pumper Carb-Parts

So I just picked up a box of XR400 parts and one of the items in the box is a Edelbrock Pumper Carb.  Only bad things is the Accelerator pump has a broken plastic cup on the bottom.  Anyone know of a place to track down a replacement outside of buying a whole other carb to use for parts?

Or should I just cut my losses and sell the edelbrock on ebay and go with the Mikuni pumper since they are still being made?  If the edelbrock is worlds better than the mikuni than it may be worth digging up the extra parts, but if they perform about the same I think it would make sense to go with mikuni.

Here's an idea. Contact Edelbrock. Ive yet to meet a company that wouldn't do anything, nonetheless something so easy to deal with, if it meant a customer using their product successfully.
Besides that, a junkyard or ebay are shots in the dark.
Call, don't email, Edelbrock. Its someone theres job to make sure people are happy

• Like 1

i tried calling edelbrock last year and they weren't interested in this old carb. I was after a float needle valve but couldn't get one. In the end I made something from another carb fit.

I have an edelbrok but i've never ridden a Mikuni pumper equipped bike.

Over stock the edelbrock is a big improvement. The biggest gain is starting it after a spill. The standard carb is horrible for that, the edelbrock doesn't care, it starts the same whether you've dropped it or not.

There was a version of edelbrock around without the accelerator pump, so you just disconnect it and run it without.

• Like 1

What does ''weren't interested in this old carb mean''?
They got stuff from thirty years ago. Parts for days. They're not interested in having a satisfied client? They can't sell you a piece of plastic? This makes me dislike Edelbrock. What is plastic in the AP? I dislike searching ebay for used parts. Edelbrock should have a thousand of them on a shelf

Here's an idea. Contact Edelbrock.  Ive yet to meet a company that wouldn't do anything, nonetheless something so easy to deal with, if it meant a customer using their product successfully.
Besides that, a junkyard or ebay are shots in the dark.
Call, don't email, Edelbrock. Its someone theres job to make sure people are happy

That's the plan..call Edelbrock and see if they can help me out.  Also going to give ATV Galaxy a call, they had several fuel needles and cables for sale, so maybe the have some accelerator pump parts laying around that they can dig up.

What is plastic in the AP?

I probably should have said rubber.  There is a blue rubber ring on the bottom that looks like it creates a seal and is what actually pushes the fuel, it's dried out and busted up.

Called ATV Galxy and they said they purchased all of Edelbrocks stock when they quit making their off road carbs.  They sold the last of the AP's a couple years ago, one of the first things they sold out of. Still have a bunch of fuel needles and a couple sets of cables though if others are looking for any of that stuff.

I have a 28 mm for an xr250.   It does as was stated work better when you fall over,  hot starts are like any other start etc.   Someone is 'smoking' if they think edelbrock cares!!  FYI,  same guy that made the Lectron was in on the Edelbrock, only the latter ended up being twice the weight,  twice and complicated,  and large enough for a squirrel to nest in.   I would like trying one of the newer Keihin 4 stroke carburetors.  

• Like 1

Hey RockyMtnHigh, I just joined this forum to just tell you that I found the Accelerator Pump assembly on eBay for $45.50 + $5 shipping. Search for item number 263168245752. I have the same issue where the blue rubber diaphragm broke due to age on my xr400. I just bought 2 out of 5, so if you or anyone else wants one you better do it quick. Hope this helps you or anyone else. 

Fyi, this guy listed it as 'EdelbrockQwik Silver motorcycle carburetor accelerator pump #9097 (NEW)'

Edited by BLOOMINGNUT

On 8/26/2017 at 7:49 PM, BLOOMINGNUT said:

Hey RockyMtnHigh, I just joined this forum to just tell you that I found the Accelerator Pump assembly on eBay for $45.50 + $5 shipping. Search for item number 263168245752. I have the same issue where the blue rubber diaphragm broke due to age on my xr400. I just bought 2 out of 5, so if you or anyone else wants one you better do it quick. Hope this helps you or anyone else. 

Fyi, this guy listed it as 'EdelbrockQwik Silver motorcycle carburetor accelerator pump #9097 (NEW)'

Thanks for the heads up!  Picked up a couple assemblies.  Not cheap, but I guess that's the price you pay for something they no longer make!