Okay so i just bought a cr250 and there is play in the swing arm left to right. The shock also have some play in it. I just wanted to see if it would be okay for me to take it to my buddy's house and ride it just to make sure i like how to bike feels. First time on the 250 2 stroke. I will be ordering a bearing rebuild kit for shock, swingarm and linkage. Just wanted to see if it would cause any harm to the bike riding it for a couple hours with play in the swing arm. Thanks!

I would think the correct answer is NO.. What if it causes you to crash and you get seriously injured? Do you/your parents have medical insurance to cover you should you get into a crash? What happens if you crash and the medical bills are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS....

Your body/life is just not worth the risk. Is it likely you would crash & get hurt? Only God knows. Let's start with the basics-do you have a good pair of riding boots, chest protector, goggles, gloves, and helmet? If you can't say YES to every item there, then you should not be riding!

Next item.. Even if you don't crash, and you do have all your protective gear, what happens if you are damaging the end of the swing arm where the bushings are pressed in? What if riding it chews up the swing arm to a point where it can't be fixed with a new bearing kit (might already be the case)? It makes no sense to attempt to ride it at this point. I understand you want to enjoy it, but injuring yourself, or the bike, at this point is not the right thing to do.