golden spike saturday

was wondering about riding on Saturday, if the area will be open to ride where the race is, or it would be worth heading up to Gifford for the day.

35 minutes ago, carlusmc21 said:

was wondering about riding on Saturday, if the area will be open to ride where the race is, or it would be worth heading up to Gifford for the day.

You will only be able to ride the course during the race. There are no other trails to ride on the property where the race is held.

Edited by GreenMT_Rider

Curious about trying this for the first time and am hoping for some insight.  I've never ridden a hare scramble or raced.  I'd consider myself a beginner but teetering on intermediate rider.  35 years old and just started a couple years ago.  So far I've been riding the poker runs (Iron man, Dirty, etc).  Is there a class that would be of similar type riders?  I'm not looking to become a racer, but would love to ride some new events and terrain.  Thoughts??

I would suggest signing up in the Vet C class and just focus on finishing the race.  Be willing to move over and let faster riders pass and have fun!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I watched some YouTube videos of previous years and that looks like a good plan.  It seems like after the Hole Shot the crowd spreads out.  I have no shame in pulling over for faster riders.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tythew said:

I would suggest signing up in the Vet C class and just focus on finishing the race.  Be willing to move over and let faster riders pass and have fun!

I would agree with this, Vet C sounds perfect for your situation.

• Like 1