WER steering damper install

I was in the market for a steering stabilizer / damper. I looked at the Scott's, fastway, Gpr and the WER. 

I found a super deal on eBay for a WER new in the wrapper for 99.00 plus 20 shipping. At first I was a little unsure of it so I called WER and talked to Mike he is the one who services the dampers, since it was for a Ducati it dampens both ways and are still serviceable. I can say that Mike went out of his way to help me out. So I pulled the trigger and bought it. I figured I would at least give it a try. 

I knew that I would have to make a mounting bracket to the triple clamp  , change the front fender to a 04-07 250x fender and move the head light up or forward. 

After receiving the WER damper I got to work on fabricating a bracket, I knew there was no way I could center it in the triple clamp with the stock headlight so I positioned it in front of the fork. I searched what felt like forever over a weekend for a bracket for the frame. Monday I called WER again, Mike answers the phone I tell him what I have going on and what I'm after for a mount. He sent me 3 different frame mounting brackets with the agreement that I send 2 back. 

next up it the headlight I made 1" hole center to hole center dog bone style spacers for the headlight that way I could move it forward, up or down. The important part was forward to clear the rod ends and damper arm.  

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

IMG_5471.JPG

IMG_5472.JPG