need a 2016 ktm TPS Tool, what's a good overall setting>?

can someone link me where i can get a 16 450sx-f tps tool? I keep flaming out and it will flame out if i have the clutch pulled in and rev it......time to amp it up! 

Just a basic question, what's a good overall setting for a 450 SX-F? I use to do  TPS tuning on the 350 and the magic number was 63.3. what should i set for my 450 and what would you guys consider low and high settings? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

http://www.tpstool.com/

I don't know what the magic number is, but my 17 was at .52 from the factory. I ended up around .60 and it's running pretty good. I haven't messed with it again after adjusting it to .60, but... it would seem a lot of guys are in the .63-ish area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XtremeDuners said:

http://www.tpstool.com/

I don't know what the magic number is, but my 17 was at .52 from the factory. I ended up around .60 and it's running pretty good. I haven't messed with it again after adjusting it to .60, but... it would seem a lot of guys are in the .63-ish area.

Thanks! I'll get one right away! 

The '16-'17 TPS setting are different than the older motors. Do not adjust too high, you have a sensor down near the shifter that changes the mapping in every gear. The correct way to check TPS setting is at "zero" idle, idle screw backed out so the butterfly is completely closed. The factory setting is .40V. Mine was at .38V stock and with the idle set at 2250 RPM from the dealer this gave me a reading of .52V. I raised mine .025V for a total at "zero" idle of .425V which turned out to be .58V at 2250 RPM. Bike starts great and runs well with this setting.

I have a 2016 350 with fmf 4.1, upgraded header flange and BDSB intake insert and my idle is a 2200 and tps is at .72

18 minutes ago, sixdaysoffun said:

I have a 2016 350 with fmf 4.1, upgraded header flange and BDSB intake insert and my idle is a 2200 and tps is at .72

Damn that sounds high, i once set my 13 350 to 72. and it started really well but bogged badly upon quick throttle opening. How's yours? 

Damn that sounds high, i once set my 13 350 to 72. and it started really well but bogged badly upon quick throttle opening. How's yours? 

Perfect, before i was getting decel pop, sputtering at low throttle, flameouts and that was at .64

Just now, sixdaysoffun said:

Perfect, before i was getting decel pop, sputtering at low throttle, flameouts and that was at .64

Really? I wonder if these newer KTM's and the bigger bore bikes like the 450 need to be set this high...I wonder what mines at. 

I remember last week i was going down a little hill and i was holding the clutch in while giving some small blips of the throttle and it stalled on me>? right away knew i needed to up to TPS 

Really? I wonder if these newer KTM's and the bigger bore bikes like the 450 need to be set this high...I wonder what mines at. 

I remember last week i was going down a little hill and i was holding the clutch in while giving some small blips of the throttle and it stalled on me>? right away knew i needed to up to TPS 

I didnt even use my tps harness, i set it by ear. I didnt hook up the harness till the end and that was just to record what it was set at for future reference.

3 minutes ago, sixdaysoffun said:

I didnt even use my tps harness, i set it by ear. I didnt hook up the harness till the end and that was just to record what it was set at for future reference.

lol so you just turned it up by sound and said okay it's good ! lol 

lol so you just turned it up by sound and said okay it's good ! lol 

Pretty much lol its perfect where its at anymore or less and it runs like crap

Pretty much lol its perfect where its at anymore or less and it runs like crap

I'm temping to go in my garage and start turning it but i feel that could only end badly ahaha

I'm temping to go in my garage and start turning it but i feel that could only end badly ahaha

Id definitely do it with it hooked up the first time so you can see how it works. It is extremely sensitive, even tighten the srew turns it up a tad. So constantly chech it while tightening the screw and make sure its tourqed correctly or the sensor will vibrate out of setting, dont ask me how i know??

Id definitely do it with it hooked up the first time so you can see how it works. It is extremely sensitive, even tighten the srew turns it up a tad. So constantly chech it while tightening the screw and make sure its tourqed correctly or the sensor will vibrate out of setting, dont ask me how i know??

Yea, the last time i tuned my TPS on my 13 350 is ended badly. i set it to 63. witch got rid of the back fire and it started nicely but it idled weird and would studded. sold it not long after. It did have a 100 hours on it tho... 

Yeah make sure your idle is perfect before adjustment or you will be wasting time. When you adjust idle it also messes with the sensor. Each bike is different just have to sit and play with it till you find the sweet spot. This is what i use http://www.tpstool.com/

My '16 450 runs and starts beautiful at .58V @ 2250 RPM, my only engine mod is a FMF Q slip-on.   .72V seems high, especially knowing the mapping changes in every gear. I wonder if your silencer, intake and exhaust parts have something to do with your setting. I did run my TP at .75V @ 2300 RPM on my '14 350 but the electronics are different from '14 to '16.

• Like 1

My '16 450 runs and starts beautiful at .58V @ 2250 RPM, my only engine mod is a FMF Q slip-on.   .72V seems high, especially knowing the mapping changes in every gear. I wonder if your silencer, intake and exhaust parts have something to do with your setting. I did run my TP at .75V @ 2300 RPM on my '14 350 but the electronics are different from '14 to '16.

Hey as long as it runs strong and properly it could be at .80 for all i care lol
  • Like 1