My 2pc Cometic gasket package appears to have 3pcs

I have the C7237 .043 and the back of the package lists head gasket, base gasket, and "backer board"-which I assume is just the cardboard part pf the package.  So Cometic lists two gaskets

But there are 3 gasket like  pcs-is the head gasket a 2pc affair?

L-R metal head gasket, another head gasket?, and the base gasket. The middle one's fairly thick

I wrote Cometic but no reply

cometic.JPG

Edited by ViperGTS

That really weird and confusing. Its also weird how they are all different from each other. Are you sure that's the right gasket kit. Cause it has to either be you ordered the wrong gasket kit or they accediently gave you the wrong one. Do they fit your bike? Because I know the one on the bottom is a skinnier material that's more flimsy and the one on the top is usually metal and has rings and special holes for the dowels.

Edited by Lui Troy

No its the correct gasket set. Just look up C7237 and you'll see it's a .043 thick oversize gasket kit for 67mm bore for XR200. They all fit the cylinder top or bottom.

The one on the far left is thin metal gasket, where the center one is a thicker fiber gasket-then the thin base gasket

Edited by ViperGTS

i think now that the thin metal gasket is local one  I bought and put in the Cometic package so I'd know where it was - maybe more than a yr ago

SOrry