Trying to figure out the year of my kx100

I am trying to figure out the exact year of my kx100. I have tried all day to decode the vin numbers, and haven't had no luck yet. Can someone please help me with this situation... I bought it bout 2 weeks ago, and was told it is a 2004 model. But I don't think the motor is the same year as the frame. I'm needing to order a throttle cable and fenders, but I'm not sure what year to order for. I would really appreciate some help!!! Thanks ... The frame vin is jkakxtdc33a008399 and the motor vin is kx100ce009802.

Edited by Elaine Daniel

I just copy and pasted you vin in to my iPhone search engine ( safari) and it came up as a 2003 , and you 10th digit is a 3 so that verifies the general rule of the 10th digit system Yamaha , Kawasaki and Honda use

Engine been same for long time really doesn't matter.  Just order for 03-04

Frame = 2003 positively

Engine is a "c" series, which means 1998-2000. With the 9802 at the end of the engine id, I would guess the engine is a 2000. The engines carry alot of the same things over from year to year, but to say they are the same is way off. Hopefully someone can verify what my guess is. Also, it could have a 2000 bottom end with a newer or older top end.