So I've installed led blinkers and a led flasher but my blinkers are dull and don't flash, it's an 04 wr450f plugged into factory positions. Would the flashers be wired differently? They both have 3 pins but different markings as follows

standard flasher pins are

left - X

centre top - P

right - L

led flasher is

left - b and +

centre top - L

right - E and -

do I need to change the wires on the factory plug to get them to work? the L makes me sort of think so but what do I know ?

yes I'm an electronic imbecile and googling it tells you 1001 different things that doesn't really help much

anyone had this problem before?

heres a photo if it loads

tia 

4fiddy

image.jpg

Many flasher modules do not work with LRED signals. Either they flash too fast or (as you have found) not at all. The relay is expect a load (resistance). You can either add resistors or better, get an electronic flasher relay made expressly for LED flashers.

• Like 2

I would assume that

L is Load

P and +  is positive battery

that only leaves X and - to be the negative battery so the plug does not appear to be wired the same

Edited by gitenby
  • Like 2

William1 thanks for replying,

The flasher I have bought is specifically for leds, that's why Im stumped. I'll attach a pic

I put the standard flasher on to try and the leds are brighter but still don't flash, this is where I've read that you need resistors. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

image.jpg

gitenby cheers for your input.

Do you know if anything would blow if I changed the wires around on the plug to the flasher? I don't want to do any damage that would set me back further from my registration and on road goals?

57 minutes ago, WR4fiddyF said:

gitenby cheers for your input.

Do you know if anything would blow if I changed the wires around on the plug to the flasher? I don't want to do any damage that would set me back further from my registration and on road goals?

You could put a small fuse (rated for your LED lights) in line with the positive lead while you're experimenting but I'm confident it was wrong when you first tried it.   

101955-6.jpg

Edited by gitenby
  • Like 2

On my DRZ, I just put rear brake switch with a combo LED tail/brake/indicator light. I ordered the Tusk LED Relay and LED front indicators and should have them tomorrow and will be making my own wiring harness for the install so I'm interested in this topic and lt us know how it works out?

Excellent post, gitenby. Nice to show the wiring.:thumbsup:

Note in the drawing, they have a resistor working in-line with the LED's. It might be required with that flasher unit. I use a DRC flasher unit and did not need the resistor.

• Like 1