17 crf450 died won't start

Hello, I have a 17 Honda 450R, bike has ran ok since I bought it, but was occasionally very hard to start (rare) so I installed the estart kit.. Bike ran great after install, took it to the track today and rode about 5 mins till I stalled it in a corner. After which the bike won't start, got it home and removed the fuel tank tank, checked all connections etc, it's getting fuel and spark but won't go, it pops occasionally.. I get a 1 sec blink on the MIL indicator after cranking the motor, manual says MAP sensor, checked the connections and all is tight.

Anyone else have issues with their 17s? Or is it just me? The bike is brand new.. If I don't get it sorted this weekend, it's going back to the dealer on Tuesday.

Haven't heard anything like that as of yet. Sounds like it needs fire! Did the dealership install the e-start? If so I would be bitching up a storm. Unless you just let crazy loose at the track and cased it good and that wacked something internal, but that doesn't sound like it. 

Did the install myself following the Honda pdf, I'm a mechanic that's been wrenching on bikes for 20 years,  install is simple, other than routing the new harness... timing is dead on... bike ran great till the stall, it had issues starting once or twice before install, that's one reason I got the kit. I will drain the bike again tomorrow and check timing again, it's weird it shouldn't change, that's what leads me to believe it's electrical related.

Ok took of the valve cover and verified timing is correct, then I unplugged every connector, plugged everything back in and the bike is running good again, so it was a loose connector some where. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mx862 said:

Ok took of the valve cover and verified timing is correct, then I unplugged every connector, plugged everything back in and the bike is running good again, so it was a loose connector some where. 

Do you pressure wash your bike? Notice any water in any of the connections when you disassembled them? Usually there's an underlying issue that you should look for.

You make a good point, but I never use a pressure washer on my machines.. Just a bucket of soapy water and a hose for rinsing.. The bike got washed for the first time today.. And no the wasn't any moisture in the connectors.

As said before faulty kill switch?

Nope kill switch is fine, was a loose connector.. Took out the whole wiring harness, and reconnected everything, bike fired up fine.