2016 sxf 350 head ache!!!

Following on from my last post about my ktm bogging and spluttering 3/4 through a race.....

I changed the shorty hose to a 2 way breather and changed the fuel filter, went out for practice this morning all good, sat on line for 1st race and the orange fi light kept flashing up every time I'd rev it, bike ran like shit from when gate dropped, felt like it was in a limp mode bogging everywhere, 5 laps in she bogged to a stop and no power at all when you press the electric start just dead, checked the main fuse under the seat and that was fried, put a new fuse in and it fries instantly, checked the engine connectors and found this was barely connected 51645143255__D5BCC73E-07B3-40F4-A510-7B9B10A4FADB.JPG

It's not clicking down like it should it feels really loose when you push it down, checked the battery nothing wrong with that. What could be causing the main fuse to blow instantly? Could it be anything to do with that connector?

What does the code say ?

Not got a reader mate, gonna take it to someone tomorrow if I can't sort it today, don't get why main fuse is blowing? It's got to be electrical hasn't it?

Not got a reader mate, gonna take it to someone tomorrow if I can't sort it today, don't get why main fuse is blowing? It's got to be electrical hasn't it? What's that plug for?

The codes are in the book , that's the water temperature sensor I think

Took it into Leisure Trail ktm this morning for them to sort lol! Il update the outcome

The reason the connector wouldn't go all the way on is that the gasket/rubber seal at the back of the plug fell out of its groove and was bunched up. Used to happen to the CDI connector on my 2011 250SX. Following with interest ...

If the connector isnt seating right then its coming loose and shorting out causing the fuse to blow, ktm electical systems are very sensitive to shorts or voltage spikes

Still waiting back to hear from ktm, hopefully it'll be today!!

Ahhh sounds like that's what's up with it then wish I knew that before I took it into ktm!! I'm not the most mechanical minded!!

Turned out it was the condenser! Must of been breaking down for a while that's why it's been running so bad! She's running sweet again now

• Like 2

On 5/25/2017 at 0:59 AM, GarySX144 said:

Turned out it was the condenser! Must of been breaking down for a while that's why it's been running so bad! She's running sweet again now emoji41.png

Do you mean "capacitor"?  

Yes they're normally called that

• Like 1