2007 YZ250 Rear wheel bearings

I replaced my sprocket and chain on my 2007 YZ 250.  I tried to rotate the inner race of the bearings and could not.  the spacer between the bearings was a little cocked and i had no luck straigtening it.  I wanted to ride so I reassembled and the wheel spins freely.  Is it normal not to be able to spin the inner race of the rear wheel bearings when assembled?  I touched the hub while riding a couple times and it was not hot, the brake caliper was, lol.  I appreciate any advice.

Any bearings I have replaced have play in them. You can actually wiggle the inner race a bit against the outer. You can feel it in the entire wheel too before it is apart. 

I have never had them fully seized up. If I was unable to turn the inner race against the outer I would be replacing them. Break it free and feel if it is smooth. If it is not smooth replace them. You could try to get some oil to drip in......or change them. They are not expensive and then you know you have done it right. 

Edited by davevinc1080
spelling mistake

Not normal.

I've also never seen it happen.

If it's not the inner race spinning, when assembled, it's the bearing spinning on the axle or the hub. This will destroy either.

I found the issue.  My wheels are RADMFG.  The issue was the inner tube between the bearing is about .060" to long.  It is overloading the inner race and would not allow ME to turn it, when loaded on the bike the mass overcame the additional load.  Funny thing I pulled the bearing grease seal on the sprocket end and the $1.98 bearing looked perfect.  I pulled the bearing  grease seal on the brake side and the grease was cooked.  Obviously not high temp grease as I know the rotor gets hot.

Bottom line is center piece needs cut down. 

On a side not the necessary part numbers to rebuild a RADMFG hub for YZ250 is as follows:

1) skf bearings 6205RSJEM (need 2) $12,77 each

2) 32x52x7 is SKF HMSA10RG DBL grey nitrile seal (need 2) $1.53 each

3) Speedi-sleeve to repair damaged seal area on hub spacers since they are not stock and it would cost more to have a set made Item 99125 1.247-1.253 , quantity 2 at $19.70 each.

I could just buy they KML 6205 at $2.00 per bearing (same as All Balls) and replace each year and blow off the speedi sleeves but since I spent all day finding the parts I guess I will buy, lol

• Like 1

LINE ITEM: 001 CUSTOMER LINE NO:

6205 2RSJEM (C3) BRG 2 EA $12.770 $25.54

ITEM NO: 00052619 SKF USA INC

CSN: 1143102

LINE ITEM: 002 CUSTOMER LINE NO:

32X52X7 HMSA10 RG DBL GREY NITRILE SEAL 2 EA $1.530 $3.06

STK IN ALABAMA

ITEM NO: 00611702 C-R

LINE ITEM: 003 CUSTOMER LINE NO:

99125 1.247-1.253 SPEEDI-SLEEVE 2 EA $19.970 $39.94

ITEM NO: 01315736 C-