Tusk airfilters?

Picked up 3 new tusk air filters from RMATVMC on sale for $9.99 each add to my current rotation of twin air filters on my fx.

Used one for a short ride and was shocked by the amount of debris that got under sealing lip.Thankfully nothing made it as far as the backfire screen due to an light layer of grease applied past the sealing edge,but very disconcerting.

Upon closer inspection the filter has very limited contact under the cage where it seals to the airbox.

Filter seems to be made of decent material but the fit on our bikes is awful. YMMV

Tusk blue filter, twinair orange

IMG_4106.JPG

Pictures 3 & 4 show a dark oil line at the bottom of the filter where the filter cage sits when installed.

The twin air filter has 3 mm of filter after the cage whereas the tusk filter is within a millimetre of the edge of the foam.

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

Edited by Motobum416

No issues with the Yamaha OEM or twin airs either, what problems have you found with Twin airs?

Look above. You can see that the wrap around of the filter cage is a bit lacking. It's flared out/pulling up at the surface where it meets the filter seal. It's like the Tusk one above, just not as bad.

My preferred filter is the GYTR (I think they're made by Uni). They have a large surface area (more air), and they fit the filter cage much better than the Twin Air I originally bought for the bike. I now cycle between a couple GYTR units, and use the Twin Air is a last case.
  • Like 1