missing nut

howzit, I did an oil change today and noticed a missing nut (see pic). The one next to it was also super loose.

Could anyone assist with the specs of that nut and the torque setting for them please? Should I locktite them?

As a general, possibly foolish question, why aren't spring washers used if these nuts are known to rattle loose?

Thanks!

IMAG0724 - Copy.jpg

That holds your cylinder on, and should be installed using lock-tite. I'd replace it before my next ride. Be sure to torque it properly.

That is a M6 by 1.0mm pitch flange nut.  It torques to 7 ft lb (84 inch pounds).  Properly tightened there is no need for Loctite.  The only reason it came loose is it was probably never tightened.  There are 2 on the head and 2 on the cylinder base.  Check all 4.  Oil the threads before tightening.  There is no need for a flat washer or spring washer.  Just the nut and tight.

Thanks guys, I'll get a bunch of em. Since I've started working on the bike I've noticed a lot of less than perfect nuts and bolts. Think it's time to start replacing them instead of cleaning them up for re-use.