Geigerrig Hydration Packs

The looks like a very functional pack and I like it in Black :)

One of the main reasons I bought my Camelbak Mule was cus I was able to go into a local shop and try on one after a ride one day with most of my dirt bike gear still on BUT I realize thats not an option for everyone.

I would be interested to see if anyone is using this and their comments.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filterx said:

The looks like a very functional pack and I like it in Black :)

One of the main reasons I bought my Camelbak Mule was cus I was able to go into a local shop and try on one after a ride one day with most of my dirt bike gear still on BUT I realize thats not an option for everyone.

I would be interested to see if anyone is using this and their comments.

It seems to me most hydration systems are pretty much the same. The pressurized bladder enables some semi cool features like sharing water hygienically, and being able to squirt water for various reasons. However the really cool thing is that the Geigerrig pressure system can force water through filters for on the trail water refills when you might not otherwise not want to use the water source.

Edited by Dwrizzol
  • Like 1

Normally I only use about 1 or 2 L BUT when I'm riding in the summer in BC, it can get to 35C and on longer rides its 3L and I fill my bladder with ice.

I've never personally had to deal with running out of water on a ride and looking at filling from a lake etc BUT the filters are a good idea if this is something you run into in Arizona or places where you can run out of water and need to re-fill on a ride.

IMO and from my experience I would not be drinking water out of ANY lake, river, stream etc with out filtering - We call it Beaver Fever but Giardiasis and diarrhea and bloody poop is not something I'm taking a chance with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiasis

Another option is carrying a low micron water pump\filter which takes up space but doesn't weight that much.

7 hours ago, Dwrizzol said:

It seems to me most hydration systems are pretty much the same. The pressurized bladder enables some semi cool features like sharing water hygienically, and being able to squirt water for various reasons. However the really cool thing is that the Geigerrig pressure system can force water through filters for on the trail water refills when you might not otherwise not want to use the water source.

I use the Geigerrig Rig 500 Citrus.  I had the inline filter system on it for awhile, but since I never actually used it to refill trail side I put the non-filter line back on it for better water pressure.  The filter adds a bit of back pressure to the system.

500-citrus_r1_c3.jpg

The pack itself is a little small if you want to carry tools or spare gas, but otherwise I think it's pretty awesome.  I wouldn't go back to a non-pressurized bladder after having one.

My riding bud uses one of their pressurized bladders in his el cheapo Wal-Mart bag.  I've often thought about getting the American Kargo Turbo 2.0 pack and putting one of the larger Geigerrig bladders in it, only because I've got their Trooper backpack for street riding and it's a seriously quality pack and I love the front fastening system.

3519-0013_A.png

3519-0013_B2.png

turbo-2.0-hivis.png

Hey D and Co.,  I happened to pick up a 1600 version 5+ YEARS ago from a local bike shop. The owner was into high quality bikes and gear so he featured the Geigerrig line of products but I was shocked at the price. He told me to look closer at the quality and showed me how it worked, gave it to me for near cost and I was out the door to put it to the test. This thing can take a beating and I still use it almost every day commuting around on motorcycles. Once you get used to refilling and cleaning the bag it's really easy. One time the mechanism that holds pressure gave up and I did all sorts of tricks to try and get it to work but it was just worn out (3years use). I called up the company and someone picked up the phone immediately. They said, "no problem what's you address we'll send you a replacement unit.". They sent me out the updated design of bladder and the lines and pump.. the whole system for free. They surely stand behind their product.

Durability? I use the thing constantly and I really have beat it up. I yank on the zippers - they don't care. I even kinked one and it wouldn't line up... but I eventually just yanked it back straight and it's still working to this day. The material will last a lifetime in my 1600. It's super thick. They must have made these things with the military in mind. There are so many pockets in the 1600 that you might lose things because it's so deep. I use a point and shoot Canon camera which fits easily into a pouch that is easy access in the top of the main compartment. The pouch has a zipper I can close in case I'm in the desert sand. I have crashed pretty big more than a couple times and it seriously acts as a back protector. I'm sure it's saved me from some damage. I always keep a special tool pouch in it and I've saved a lot of people with that and by spraying water in their mouths. It's really nice to just shoot someone in the face with water when they need it... instead of letting them make out with your hose like a normal system.

You definitely get what you pay for and I'm more than sure these things will last you much longer than the cheaper ones. I hate to sound like a commercial - I've never been given anything for free that they wouldn't give a normal customer. I have lots of bikes and I use this pack 90% of the times I ride street and dirt. Carrying tools, shoes, water, computers, phones and cameras... it's made life easier. I've seen Geigerrig run promotions where they give you a filter for free when you buy a Pack. They merged with the company that produces the bladder and that owns the technology so they aren't going anywhere. The original owners still run the company as far as I know.  I scored another 1600 Tactical Pack locally on Craigslist for 25 bucks brand new (person didn't know what it was/ a gift?) - So keep your eyes peeled. :ride: 

My review from years ago: http://www.fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=1943

This wet day I was testing a CR150F I modified and built for a friend. I tuned the suspension, jetted it, new tires and threw on some handguards for em. This bike rips the trails! Everyone that takes a turn on it wants to buy it, LOL the best play bike there is. And to clean the pack off you just hit it with the garden hose sprayer, maybe some Dawn soap and your done. Easy. My black 1600 still looks like new. It actually took some time to break it in. My advice on buying one - If you get a black one then it's hard to see what's deep down in it when you are looking for things. Get a colored one and you'll be able to find things much easier!

Geigerrig_mudbomb_00sm.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent review dude.

I mentioned I would get a black one and really I'm really not that worried about if colours of my gear etc and interesting comment about find stuff.

With my set-up stuff in the their own pouches or heavy duty zips locks so if I'm looking for some say a tool, they are in one bag etc. Most of the loose stuff goes into the black pouch or a zip lock then the other stuff goes into specific outer pockets.

The TP and some wet wipes are ALWAYS in their own zip lock :)

20160114_172426.jpg.07fa45efb09a5b9b3633265081de32c5.jpg

I picked one up last winter on vacation. 30$! I never would've paid 150$ . 

Most comfortable pack I've used by far. Enough storage for basic tools, tp, keys, bandages and phone . 

I don't care for the pressurized system and don't use it. 

1 minute ago, seer said:

I picked one up last winter on vacation. 30$! I never would've paid 150$ . 

Most comfortable pack I've used by far. Enough storage for basic tools, tp, keys, bandages and phone . 

I don't care for the pressurized system and don't use it. 

What don't you like about the pressure system?

9 hours ago, Dwrizzol said:

What don't you like about the pressure system?

It solves a problem I never had.

If I just want a sip I often get more than I want. I've had it leak under pressure while beating on my chest protector. 

Looking  at it last week i contemplated removing the pump line and capping it off.