2016 drz400sm throttle tube recommendations

Just picked up a left over 2016 drz400sm and am looking for a shorter throw throttle tube but can't find any recent info on them anyone have some recommendations that won't break the bank?

R6 maybe?

You could always make your own by cutting a fine slice off a 3/4" PVC coupling. Notch it and file the edges smooth.

East Seattle-20140606-00065.jpg

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 1

That's awesome what's the deal with the r6 or r1 throttle tubes? direct replacement or do you have to rig them to fit? I like the pvc coupling idea just cut it the thickness of the ledge on the factory tube and make the notch and glue it on? How much shorter is the throw?

The quick turn throttle is the best thing for the money that you can do to the bike. It is a great mod if it is the only one you do or if you get the bike built completely. I don't know but you may be able to call wheeling cycle supply and order a single pull or a dual quick turn assembly.

44 minutes ago, DieselOutlaw said:

That's awesome what's the deal with the r6 or r1 throttle tubes? direct replacement or do you have to rig them to fit? I like the pvc coupling idea just cut it the thickness of the ledge on the factory tube and make the notch and glue it on? How much shorter is the throw?

That is a tube off of a 955 Daytona. Initial was 120 degrees to WFO, with the PVC it is now a reasonable 60 degrees, just like the R6. Not sure what the R1 is, but the R6 tube is a hugely popular mod with the sportbike crowd.

Any 3/4" ID PVC coupler will work, or experiment with different schedule thickness of tubing to get what you want. The PVC has no load on it, so just lay it on the tube and install it. No gluing or messing around is necessary; it is simply a spacer.

Thanks for the information y'all I guess I'm gonna pick up a stock r6 throttle tube and do pvc on my original tube any specific year on the r6 tube?

1 hour ago, bumtarder said:

I use the MotionPro CR Comp throttle tube.The CR Pro model is even faster if you are brave enough.

Do you care to post a link? I googled motionpro cr pro and nothing came up

The link posted to motion pros website says it's for a Honda and it's a single cable. What would you do with the other cable? I ordered the one I posted in the link that had the two cable slots hopefully it's the right one and I plan on keeping the factory one for backup.

• Like 1