Need answers soon to make weekend coming!

Son's 85cc, he's having troubles with the fast switch backs on uphills. Power on flat ground is amazing but a Small mx bike doesn't have the low end torque to pull the hill from a stop. I've taught him to ride the clutch which helps but no thanks on that. I plan to up the tooth on the rear but how much? 47 now which is stock and is a 6 speed trans that's not getting maxed out.

That was my guess 2-3, his first clutch bike is messing with him. His auto 110 4stroke was always over my shoulder no-matter on cruises! Adding a Xtra move and low torque is wearing my neck out :rant:

I know but he's 11 and I don't have time, money or a pit crew to change them every ride. Thanks

2 hours ago, pat22043 said:

Graham Jarvis teaches abusing the clutch to climb. Seriously.

A quality clutch will take the abuse... I have done some technical trails in the rocky mountains with a 105 to practice clutching technique. 

as far as the 85, if its not getting maxed out in 6th drop a tooth or two in the front and add a few in the rear to give it plenty of low end when its off the pipe, will make learning a little more easy.

It's great watching the kids grow in skill and size. He'll most likely catch on quickly in a must do situation. Then he'll start roosting you for fun. Then once he's on a full size you don't have to buy him anymore bikes.

4 hours ago, BTD123 said:

It's great watching the kids grow in skill and size. He'll most likely catch on quickly in a must do situation. Then he'll start roosting you for fun. Then once he's on a full size you don't have to buy him anymore bikes.

Yippee no more of my money!:rolleyes::thumbsup:

• Like 1