Trail Tech II computer

Last year I bought a Trail Tech II Computer for my 2016 KTM 250XCW. Have had quite a few rides on it since I put in on last year. Anyways, it took a crap on me this weekend riding. It worked for about 3 miles and stopped. I didn't notice til I looked down at it. Magnet is in place. It only started working when I as pulling my bike off my truck. It is hard wired into the bikes electrical system with the connections on the bike and the sensor wire and connections on the unit itself which are all weather resistant connections. Has any one had any problems with this particular unit? I remember years ago I had went through 4-5 Endurance I computers, the first version. I thought they fixed all the problems, maybe not. I ended up putting the stock computer back on after I read the manual a little and figured out how it works somewhat. Not sure if I should take my loss and just forget about or send it back hoping I don't get another lemon

Thanks

Little Jeff

I don't have the endurance, but had a similar problem with my trail tech vapor computer. 10 months old. Just stopped working in the middle of the day. Turned out to be the internal battery crapped out. I guess the battery in the vapor only lasts a year if you're lucky. Might be something to check, if you haven't done so already...

Although they do use weatherproof connectors, they are not actually waterproof because they don't use all of the terminals in the connectors (on the vapor computer anyways)...

IMG_1508.thumb.JPG.8030fbf6096c723f05696e334f6f9680.JPG

I plugged the holes with a dab of silicone in all the unused terminals shortly after taking this photo. 

I had an original Endurance for 5 years on my KDX, never missed a beat in several thousand miles. Got a new Endurance because they didn't have the wiring/pickup harness for the old one anymore (couldn't swap it to my YZ), mount bracket with it was a total joke. No way to get it to fit on the bike, so sent it back to RMATV and got my $$ back. Never messed with one again. Sounds like I haven't missed anything. :smirk:

• Like 1

When mine died last year I found the ground wire to be faulty. I'm sure you checked to make sure it was getting power, but if you did not yet you might want to.

6 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Someone please explain to me why you need one of these.  I've seen numerous posts on them before and always wondered. :confused:

If you run enduros or turkey runs it's almost mandatory to have an odometer and speedo. I've had my Endurance 2 for two years now, still on the original battery and haven't had any issues.

8 minutes ago, katoom64 said:

If you run enduros or turkey runs it's almost mandatory to have an odometer and speedo. I've had my Endurance 2 for two years now, still on the original battery and haven't had any issues.

I realize that. But, apparently, from what I can figure out guys feel they just need one. Seems to me to be a specialty gadget that most folks don't need.

some times they just totally bug out, and need a deep/factory reset. This will reset everything in it back to out of box settings. 

From Krav @ GStwins.com

The problem:
I have a Trailtech Vapor, and at some point i couldnt change it from 5535. It just wouldnt remember my config. The same goes for my temp. meters high and max. They were stuck at 5535

The solution
Master reset:

This will reset all of you information and settings in the unit so make sure you write all of this info down before you perform the reset.

Press and hold all three buttons down for three seconds to enter the data setting mode. Once there using the mode button progress to the tire size. At the tire size enter 9110 using the left and right had buttons to increment the digits. Immediately after entering the new tire size press and hold the right hand button down for three second. This should move to a screen with ( 12HR or 24HR ) flashing on it. As soon as this is displayed you will want to hold down the right hand button again after about five seconds RESET will display on the screen. All you have to do is not press any of the buttons and then the unit will reset. Next all of the LCD segments will light up and then all you will have to do is press the mode button and you will be back at the main screen.

1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I realize that. But, apparently, from what I can figure out guys feel they just need one. Seems to me to be a specialty gadget that most folks don't need.

For sure, if I didn't run turkey runs I would not bother. Just another thing for me to break!

7 minutes ago, katoom64 said:

For sure, if I didn't run turkey runs I would not bother. Just another thing for me to break!

I think the manufacturer is playing on millennials and their fascination with unnecessary gadgets.

14 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Someone please explain to me why you need one of these.  I've seen numerous posts on them before and always wondered. :confused:

Mine tells me coolant temp, elevation, mph, miles ridden, trail time, rpms, and has an hour meter. It will do a lot more but those are the features I use. I like the alarm lights that flash when getting hot. I can download the trail maps showing ride routes but I don't very often. Mine was a gift and I love it. That said, I don't think anyone should use one that doesn't want one!

Edited by mikea 2