05 kx250f

I bought a 05 kx250f in December and I'm 13. I have been riding for 11 years too. I couldn't buy a newer one because they were above 2500 and all I had was 1800 dollars but now I have a rm85 and a kx250f but the kx won't kick very easy like before the trannsmision was rebuilt and appearently it was rebuilt because the whole motor was rebuilt and the mechanic said it had been rebuilt but it won't start or bump start I have researched for a long time to figure out I have kicked it so many times but when starting it first it easy very quick and easy. But when at the track or on the trail if I stop and try to start I have to try to start it earlier before we leave to a different place because it won't start hardly. I want to get rid of it and my rm to get a newer 250 2 stroke. Can anyone help? Give me suggestions? I have been riding for 11 years and can't figure out also I have had the carb rebuilt and has a older fmf factory 4 I will put a picture on here too. IMG_1380.JPG

Valves. All day. Soft, spent, titanium. Exhausts sound zeroed out. I bet your left intakes tight too.
First investment; feeler gauges.
Second investment; Hotcams shim kit. Get the kit. Or get mad.
Third investment (optional); vernier calipers. But I doubt you can't do without, so get one. Now look up the equation. Detailed sites are up for the kxf and valves.
Do the math three times, rotate motor and measure three times.
Its your valves. Don't be a 4T nube and wuss out to 2Ts. You entered the 4T world with an oldie...but goodie if the valves are right.
Spend your money here first

• Like 1

Dude you been riding 11 years, get you a Gixxer brah! Screenshot_20170505-095002.jpg.771bf13095cae38775f3c57bd8bce162.jpg

I would lol but I'm only 13 and I want to stick with motocross I have been practicing and if I got a bike with that give me a couple hundred and it'll come out of the garage looking like a motocross bike lol
Valves. All day. Soft, spent, titanium. Exhausts sound zeroed out. I bet your left intakes tight too.
First investment; feeler gauges.
Second investment; Hotcams shim kit. Get the kit. Or get mad.
Third investment (optional); vernier calipers. But I doubt you can't do without, so get one. Now look up the equation. Detailed sites are up for the kxf and valves.
Do the math three times, rotate motor and measure three times.
Its your valves. Don't be a 4T nube and wuss out to 2Ts. You entered the 4T world with an oldie...but goodie if the valves are right.
Spend your money here first

My mechanic tore the whole motor down I will check with him and see what all he did
  • Like 2

I was just teasing, keep practicing, dirt bikes are funner anyway!

I'll take what I can get a hold of lol