Gen3 Cr250r kicker differences

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi everyone... seriously need help... my 2007 I can’t figure out if either my pipe was tweaked from previous owner or what but my kicker came like this Coty Schock was the previous owner not sure if anyone knows him but he gave it to me and if I move the kicker down one notch it rests on the expansion chamber.. the kicker doesn’t have a part number other than “KZ3T” can’t find what that means anywhere... is it the wrong kicker or is my pipe tweaked/bent/moved whatever..?????? Anyone help a fellow cr brother out!!EF34CE25-8766-4CA7-B2F0-37F0D6B099FB.jpeg.9e0cf5af26c697d8293dcb0025db5989.jpeg

Someone's didn't install the kick start spindle correctly when they had the right crankcase cover off.

Drain the radiator, lay the bike on it's left side and remove the Right Crankcase Cover (1).

image.png.6bc0e03e1c13ecd361b41fb7a22b7614.png

Rotate the Kick Starter Rachet (3) one spline on the Kick Starter Spindle (7), put the Kick Start Lever on the spindle and check the Kick Start Lever's position.

image.png.419849102ef03c81a384eff4acdff9ca.png

Keep rotating the Rachet on the Spindle until the Kick Start Lever is in the correct location, AND has enough force to hold it in its resting location. If there's not enough force holding the Kick Start Lever in it's resting location, it will flop about when you ride.

Once you've found the right location reassemble, don't forget to refill your radiator!

image.png

• Like 1