Sign in to follow this  

'17 Xtrainer; wifes first ride

Well, the little lady finally got her first ride on the bike for Mothers Day. She and her son. Both are new to the dirt bike word. I will say I was nervous about this, after researching hear and elsewhere before buying, and hearing mixed reviews.. "not really a beginners bike" , "perfect beginners bike" ect. I did have to lower it. I added a G2 throttle tamer, and after riding it myself, decided to go with a 50t rear sprocket so it wouldn't be so responsive off idle. Also was jetted a little rich, so went out to 2 turns on the a/s, and put in the 'Zuke necj needle, 2nd clip from the top. Well, I couldn't be happier, because she loved it! So, for anybody on the fence about buying one for their wife, g/f, daughter, I would say no worries. Thank you all who helped with this decision.

• Like 5

That same jetting seems to work for me. From the factory my carb was half a turn out on the air screw. I did the NECJ with same settings and it seemed to smooth the low throttle transition. I don't need a g2 after the carb fiddling