Anyone have a Yamaha parts rep contact?

Anyone have a a Yamaha corporate contact that could work out a replacement bearing for me?  I am looking for bearing #24 in the parts diagram for a 2014 TTR-230.  Code 93306-304YP-00 but shows obsolete.  I don't know why this bearing would be different than 2013 and earlier, but it is a different part number.  Dealer has not had much luck providing an alternative for me.

TTR230Trans.PNG

Yes, I called it this morning. They are checking with supplier to see if there is a new number.

93306-30102-00 should be the same except it will have a seal, you'll want to remove it, hit the web, it can be had for under $9.00

A competent parts guy should know this.

How about pull it out and measure the inside diameter, outside diameter, and thickness and order something from Boca Bearings?

The bearing will have a number/code on it and most probably be made by Timken or the such, so any bearing retailer should be able to assist you and it would more than likely be cheaper.

The obsolete trans bearing is a NSK 6304.  In the crankshaft/piston diagram it is the same as bearing #22 yet the part numbers are different (but only by 1 number).  The NSK number is easily found online for around $25.  I've been searching for a replacement for a while and I had posted this question in the TTR forum.  Not getting much information I tried posting this in the general forum but I guess someone thought this thread would be better moved to the TTR forum.  In my other question I had a reply that the 6304 number was just the size of the bearing and did not account for other requirements of the application like rotational speed or if the shaft it was supported ended at the bearing or continued through - like the drive axle.

I'd think the part number is obsolete not the part. A different part number most likely supersedes it.
I always that the bearing size /number is a factor of both size-dimensions and load- speed.

I agree - the part number is used on the 2017 models so there has to be an updated number.  I am just amazed that the dealer or Yamaha customer service can't easily find this out.  Based on the use of this bearing I want some confirmation that what I am putting in the motor will have good results.

Lots of choices at Boca Bearings for a 6304 that matches the 20x52x15 size, you could take the xxxx-zz bearing and remove the metal shields to have about the same thing, or use the xxxx-2rs and pull out the rubber shields.

https://www.bocabearings.com/search?w=6304

Looking at the diagram, having a shield on the outside might be a good thing to keep some grime out.

Edited by Greg_E