faastco New Faast Company anti-vibe foot pegs for the 690R

You know the drill... when you get a new bike, you spent stupid time looking at all the bolts on parts, just to see what the possibilities are.  I ran across the Fasst Company Impact Adventure Foot Peg and just had to try some out... I'll be writing up a full review in coming weeks, so I'll report back when I find for those curious...

In a nutshell, the top plate with cleats is fully isolated from the bottom receiver with an elastomer. Details @ https://www.fasstco.com/products/impact-adventure-peg

20170514_121724[1].jpg

20170514_121949[1].jpg

• Like 1

I can't believe I went so long with the stock pegs on my Husky 701, especially after riding @Bryan Bosch's KTM 690 with the new Fasst Co pegs...WOW, what a difference in size! I echo @Bryan Bosch's write-up here on TT:

Here are a couple of (dirty) pics of my pegs:

pegs-side.JPG

pegs-top.JPG

21 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I guess we're the only one's that think the stock pegs leave a bit to be desired S. Claus. :thinking:

Stock seems to work for me. I'm generally in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it mindset" :excuseme:

Just now, Flagstaff said:

Stock seems to work for me. I'm generally in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it mindset" :excuseme:

It's one of those things that once you've ridden on over-sized pegs, you know what you're missing. ;) 

• Like 1

Excellent design and execution. Unfortunately they’re expensive enough that I can’t justify buying them when I don’t have an issue with the stock ones. When I broke a mirror I upgraded. When I realized the tank was too small for my trip into Mexico I looked at larger tank options. When the exhaust melted everything it touched I searched for solutions. If I break a foot peg I would consider buying a set...but a $50 pair used off fleabay might be a more attractive option. Just my 2c. Very nice pegs.

The stock pegs are fine.... until you ride on something like these. ;) But, I've been a fan of oversize pegs for years. They really do give you more leverage & better footing off-road, where I try to spend the majority of my time. If I rode street and fire roads only, the value proposition of these goes down. It's not a night/day difference over stock, but it's definitely noticeable. They are pricey though. But, made in the USA too boot, something I value. I try to avoid Chinese ebay stuff honestly. I'd rather pay more out of principle.

The exhaust was an easy fix, something I'm still running and plan to continue to.

• Like 1