SERVICE HONDA IS GONE

Some company in Decatur Illinois bought the name but the bikes are gone.  ?

Service Honda is the owner of the trademark 'AF500, and produced the CR500AF and other two-stroke dirt bikes for many years.

Unfortunatly because of the limited availability of two-stroke engines, and other parts used in the construction of the bikes these bikes are no longer being produced.  In the same way; most of the parts used in these bikes such as cylinder's, cases and frames are not available either.

We appriciate the loyalty of the Two Stroke riders - and will do what we can to get you the parts you need.  Just drop us a note using the chat or contat us page and we'll see what we can do.

Thank you,

World of Powersports, Inc

dba ServiceHonda.com

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Some company in Decatur Illinois bought the name but the bikes are gone.  ?

Yeah, I got an email from them yestrday. I suppose because I bought from the "original" Service Honda for parts to my 91. Not even the same shop now. Just another moto shop selling Jap bikes, scooters and side by side beer carts..... What a shame.

I own a Service Honda KX500AF. Built on a new 2008 KX450F frame and came with a brand new 2004 KX500 motor that I purchased in 2009. So far all engine parts for the latest KX500 design which if I remember right was the E16 are still available. Don't know about the CR's! Maybe I should start stocking up?

Not surprising really.  They made a really cool/unique boutique product for a niche market at a high price.  I think the bikes are fantastic, but in 2012 they wanted between 12K and 13K for a kdx 200 engine stuffed into a kx 125 frame.  Great concept, but the pricing was just too high for more than a small handful of people to actually buy a unit.  I hope the proprietors of the former Service Honda do well in future endeavors.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

Yawn.

Old tech in slightly less old chassis that non one but them wanted to build....

Yes, but the cr-500 engine was one of the greatest ever. It could do anything . Those or us who grew up on big bore 2 strokes will tell you that if Honda kept refining it's 2 stroke , that maybe Honda wouldn't suck today!  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jimmy boy said:

Yes, but the cr-500 engine was one of the greatest ever. It could do anything . Those or us who grew up on big bore 2 strokes will tell you that if Honda kept refining it's 2 stroke , that maybe Honda wouldn't suck today!  

They kinda have. If you got the dough. https://www.pantheramotorsports.com/

• Like 2

I have a CR500 in a CR250 chassis.  Have had it for years.  Great bike, but with no plate it does not get ridden too much.

I have 2 spare engines for it as well.

I am thinking I am going to convert it to a snow bike this winter - it will be great at that.  Plus, no plate needed in the snow. 

• Like 4