cw 434 jetting at sea level

i jus purchased the cw 434 kit for my drz and im ordering the fcr39 and mrd at the end of the week. So trying to get the jetting all figured out before i bolt everything back up.... im at sea level 

Edited by taevonking

Where are you getting the carb from?New?

You'll have to set the carb up on a bench.Even then you'll only get a baseline.Final tuning will be done on the bike in several test rides.Get a good extended fuel screw.I like the James Dean jet kit #jds010 instead of the TT jetting.

The big bore will likely use a few sizes smaller main jet than a stock bore motor due to cylinder volumetric efficiency.So if the standard main jet is a 160 for example then you'd want to start with a 155 or so.

Ok,those carbs are not new,they are used.Roll of the dice.The TT Sudco 39FCR-MX carb conversions are brand new.They copied the TT jetting but I think it will need a fair amount of tuning still.

Edited by bumtarder

I recommend not ordering it from a business who's address is a PO box on the outskirts of Detroit. They are not affiliated in any way with Keihin.

You're basically paying twice as much for the same thing you could buy on eBay, without the buyer protection.

• Like 1