Rm250 kick starter

Anyone know of a swap or cheaper alternative than oem for a 2003 rm250 kick start level. Only thing I have found online that would work is a 2001 kx250

Its getting worn down a lot to the point its over rotating and making contact with the brake lever. Previous person kicked the cap out of the bike.

Got any pictures of you lever, and it touch the brake? I've never heard of them wearing the badly.

There aren't any aftermarket alternatives that I'm aware of

01-03 kick starts are exactly the Same.

The previous person had the bike jetted wrong and kicked the cap out of it. 0516171358a.jpg

On 5/17/2017 at 3:59 AM, Wcm250 said:

The previous person had the bike jetted wrong and kicked the cap out of it. 0516171358a.jpg

you sure that mark is not from the foot peg ?

my kx has the same damage , apart from cosmetics i didn't think it was an issue 

you sure that mark is not from the foot peg ?
my kx has the same damage , apart from cosmetics i didn't think it was an issue 

Yes that's what its from but it causes it to over rotate after some time.

I have the same bike and same year, i was out riding in the woods, stalled the bike, kicked it, and the kick starter snapped, it was hitting the peg, so i got a new one, and it does the exact same thing, that is normal for it to hit the foot peg,but at least they put a extra chunk of aluminum on the shaft for that reason,i got a new complete kick start kit off of ebay for $60,so far so good

I have the same bike and same year, i was out riding in the woods, stalled the bike, kicked it, and the kick starter snapped, it was hitting the peg, so i got a new one, and it does the exact same thing, that is normal for it to hit the foot peg,but at least they put a extra chunk of aluminum on the shaft for that reason,i got a new complete kick start kit off of ebay for $60,so far so good

Is it oem or that caltric company?

Caltric, have you heard bad things about them?

That's what I am asking you. Is the kick starter you bought oem or caltric or someone else. Caltric is the only company I see and can't find any info on them.
  • Like 2

That's what I am asking you. Is the kick starter you bought oem or caltric or someone else. Caltric is the only company I see and can't find any info on them. [/quote caltric is a brand right?

Caltric is a brand right?