Nemadji is closed?

Updated:  

I called the number on the DNR website.  Apparently the trail will be open this weekend; but will likely be way too wet to ride without ruining the trail...it may stay closed for a few more days.  

Thanks for the additional info I am looking to get out myself I only had a chance to ride Nemadji once last year and looking forward to going back, Looks like Theilman will be a little soggy this weekend as well.

Edited by Iffykid

Right on the rain - I was/am thinking Theilman will be canceled due to the rain (like last year).  It's looking like rain for most of the rest of the week and a 100% chance on Saturday.  Neamdji or Akely will be the back-up if they're not closed. 

Same here with Nemadji; I've only ridden the full loop once.  Every time i try to get back there something comes up with either a break-down, injury or closures.  It's like i'm cursed from the place. 

Only tried Nemadji once with a group of 5-6 riders a couple wanted to bail after a couple of hours so the whole group left.

Looks like the entire state is going to be socked in for the weekend from Theilman, Nemadji, Akely, looked as far north as Gilbert OHV Park nothing but rain.

Continuing to hope the forecast changes but if all else fails I might try a Trials event on Su outside of Theilman.

Probably needless to say I don't enjoy riding in the rain and don't head out riding knowing that its in the forecast.

I don't mind the rain...but understand not ruining the trails either.  

I have 1 baby and another due in a few weeks...if a trail is open this weekend I'm going to ride.  Baby jail is coming.  

What part of MN you in? I'm n Hudson and have a cabin up near Akely (usually riding paul bunyan & huntersville).  I'll have to hit you up some time to go ride.  I'm always looking for new people to ride with.  I'm just getting into it and still finding new places to go.  Gilbert, MN is now on the list; the place looks fun (and only 3 hrs. away). 

Pretty much straight west of you Blaine.  Just started :ride:this last spring but I am starting late old and slow, 1st great grand baby is due in Oct.

Gilbert is different have to ride it for yourself to decide I don't care for the red ore dust staining everything but its another place to ride.

Any riding is better than not riding thus far I prefer PB Martineau but will ride pretty much anywhere given the opportunity.

Edited by Iffykid

Nemadji is on very low ground.  It takes a long time to drain.  Last years wind storms paid a toll on the trails.  Straight Arrow Members spent countless hours clearing trails.  Over the winter loggers cleared out a lot of the fallen dead wood, again leaving the trails in disrepair (although loggers did make effort to preserve the trails).  Straight Arrows are trying to repair trails again before trails open.  Rain this weekend is not helping getting trails dried or work getting done.

• Like 1

speedtoad - 

thanks for the info.  I'm too tied up with kids to join a local club for the next few years...but look forward to putting in work in the future when the kiddos can come and help.  With luck I can also join a group working to open more areas for riding.  There are too few areas around.  

Edited by gezongaz

speedtoad - 

thanks for the info.  I'm too tied up with kids to join a local club for the next few years...but look forward to putting in work in the future when the kiddos can come and help.  With luck I can also join a group working to open more areas for riding.  There are too few areas around.  

I understand being busy with young kids, that is why I joined the club. My children ride with other kids and get tons of riding in.