spring rate??

bought a 2015 kx250f this wknd, i weigh bout 165lb , and find both ends a bit soft for how i like to ride. why does RACETECH race me for 2-3 steps lighter on fron and 1 step lighter on the back.... and initial stroke is a bit harsh, i feel it bowing through valving, although im not bottoming with tire marks on fenders?? thanks for the help, I want to exhause all options b4 i go for valving. and how much difference does the spring preload adjustments make on these forks?

Except from an article I read here -

https://www.google.com/amp/motocrossactionmag.com/news/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-suspension-setup/amp

"(10) Forks that are too soft dive excessively under deceleration and ride on the firmest part of the fork’s damping system. This makes them feel stiff. When the rider notices how stiff his forks feel, he naturally turns the clickers out to soften the forks. This obviously makes the situation worse. Forks that are too soft feel stiff — when in reality, they need to be stiffer to feel softer. Repeat that three times."

When I got my bike i needed heavier springs. The bike actually felt softer after i installed them. Err. Not really softer, I was just using the full stroke at that point. Maybe the lighter springs would give you the firmer feel you seek. I'm no suspension guy. Just had this first hand experience.

my 12 450 that i still currently own seems to work better with softer springs an stiffer valving, but i wanna exhaust all my stock options before i go the valving route. 

Not a fan of race tech online calculator. Its always off.  Basically look up the spring rate and wieght the bike is stock. I think the 15' is 170-180lb rider.   And minus or add 1 spring rate for every 10lbs of rider wieght added or subtracted.   Or call  or email Factory connection and ask. Alot times i just do that.  You should be fine with stock spring rates.  Maybe somebody resprung it. Is it used???