2012 kx450f

I would honestly say more gas and seat time. Very few riders can ever push close to the limit of a 450 these days. Skill and technique win over mods and power every day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stronius445 said:

I would honestly say more gas and seat time. Very few riders can ever push close to the limit of a 450 these days. Skill and technique win over mods and power every day.

That's where I was eventually headed too.

Been riding and racing since I was 5. New to the 4 stroke game just want it to run better no big bore or high maintenance stuff just some simple mods maybe a high comp piston and some port and polish. I do gncc/Motocross

I can ride fairly well never had a problem there just want it to be a beast and scare whoever else rides it besides me

For GNCC throw on a skid plate , handguards . After having alot of experience with kawi 4-Strokes over the past 3 years i wold recommend stock engine parts , that will give you the best reliability. Also get a TM designs chain roller kit. The stock one is god awful.

1 minute ago, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

Been riding and racing since I was 5. New to the 4 stroke game just want it to run better no big bore or high maintenance stuff just some simple mods maybe a high comp piston and some port and polish. I do gncc/Motocross

You can certainly mod one to the limit, but as you eluded to, longevity can suffer if you pump one up too much.  If you want to avoid expensive engine mods and keep it simple, an exhaust is probably best.  You may get 1 or 2 hp out of it.  I by no means want to take away from the spirit of you post, and your enthusiasm, but as mentioned above, seat time, seat time and more seat time.  This will eventually lead to further twisting and longer holding of the throttle.  This is just a personal observation and experience. 

7 minutes ago, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

I can ride fairly well never had a problem there just want it to be a beast and scare whoever else rides it besides me

Lol, a stock 450 can scare the most experienced of riders.

You can certainly mod one to the limit, but as you eluded to, longevity can suffer if you pump one up too much.  If you want to avoid expensive engine mods and keep it simple, an exhaust is probably best.  You may get 1 or 2 hp out of it.  I by no means want to take away from the spirit of you post, and your enthusiasm, but as mentioned above, seat time, seat time and more seat time.  This will eventually lead to further twisting and longer holding of the throttle.  This is just a personal observation and experience. 

Just bored with it I hit 130ft triples I want some more power lol
Lol, a stock 450 can scare the most experienced of riders.

Doesnt scare me lol not to sound like a douche.

1 minute ago, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

Just bored with it I hit 130ft triples I want some more power lol

If it's just the thrill of horsepower g's you want, then mods you must.

I just want to extend your riding career.

Im not into huge HP I want an exhaust power commander intake kit and maybe a high comp piston didnt wanna be told I dont need mods just wanna know what are good mods to get like makes and models what works best from a first hand owner experience

3 minutes ago, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

Im not into huge HP I want an exhaust power commander intake kit and maybe a high comp piston didnt wanna be told I dont need mods just wanna know what are good mods to get like makes and models what works best from a first hand owner experience

I would post this in the relevant Kawi forum.

Some pretty sharp members over there.

Just now, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

I did and havent got any replys thats why im here lol

Sometimes it may be a day or so before the right member can reply; give it some time.

Just now, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

Alright thanks man new to thumper talk lol

Glad you're on here, but always wear your full Mx gear when posting.

You can case a triple when posting and receive some verbal injuries. :cripple:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HONDAcrf450rHONDA said:

High comp piston from Pro Circuit and their exhaust.

I have it and IMO it runs and sounds better

Edited by skorpan777