Movie Preview: Snake Pit, The Tiger Tanker Visit

Thanks to all of you in California for making my visit a success. Hope you enjoy the preview.

• Like 17

The bike mounted footage looks really steady and smooth!  What camera are you using?  

That is the go pro hero 4 black. I have it at 60 fps which really helps image quality. 1080 superwide. 

That Dango mount is great too, very easy to share the camera with a group of riders. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Thanks to all of you in California for making my visit a success. Hope you enjoy the preview.

Some videos just want to make you laugh. It's a good one. Great job on the preview: The Tiger Tanker visits The Snake Pit. 

Cant wait for the full length version to come out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KaToomTime said:

Looks like a great time!

Not all suffering is miserable. 

• Like 3

TT CA forum Best Movie of the Year nomination ? or just give him the award

• Like 1

I still have one of those old vintage go pro hero 2s the footage looks terrible on any of the bike mounted tests I've done compared to that footage.  My footage always seams to a disappointment. And ive set to 1080 60 fps still looks like poop!    I thought you were going to say Hero 5since it has image stabilization. Can't remember if it's digital or optical.  

good reviews on go pros. I was thinking of getting one, but I need to do research

back to tiger's trailer: I like watching the falls and then tumble backwards cause the hills are so steep, even though I have no interest in doing that myself, but I can understand the desire to push higher

• Like 2

I still have one of those old vintage go pro hero 2s the footage looks terrible on any of the bike mounted tests I've done compared to that footage.  My footage always seams to a disappointment. And ive set to 1080 60 fps still looks like poop!    I thought you were going to say Hero 5since it has image stabilization. Can't remember if it's digital or optical.  

it all comes down to editing. stabilize the video in your editing software.

5 hours ago, RAZR_ said:

it all comes down to editing. stabilize the video in your editing software.

I've never done any stabilization in editing I'll have to try it in my sons MacBook. ?

I've never done any stabilization in editing I'll have to try it in my sons MacBook.

iMovie has it. it's easy. highlight each clip in your timeline then in the upper right click on "stabilization". it can take a few minutes depending on the computers video card and how old it is. also apply a filter to your video to make it look less like a GoPro.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RAZR_ said:

iMovie has it. it's easy. highlight each clip in your timeline then in the upper right click on "stabilization". it can take a few minutes depending on the computers video card and how old it is. also apply a filter to your video to make it look less like a GoPro.

I've been doing some edits on my iPhone and it's crazy how well it work!  All that power in your pocket.  Its been the least painful, problem free editing I have done in years! And all self contained since I shoot the footage on the phone to.  In comparison to when I started playing with go pro footage on the MacBook it was a bit glitchy to work on and with?  The lap top is pretty decent 2010, 1 TB HD, decent video card but don't remember what it is?  

• Like 1

I've been doing some edits on my iPhone and it's crazy how well it work!  All that power in your pocket.  Its been the least painful, problem free editing I have done in years! And all self contained since I shoot the footage on the phone to.  In comparison to when I started playing with go pro footage on the MacBook it was a bit glitchy to work on and with?  The lap top is pretty decent 2010, 1 TB HD, decent video card but don't remember what it is?  

get a SD card reader that has an iPhone plug as well as a USB plug and you can edit on your phone from any SD card, or all the newer GoPro's are Bluetooth so you can load videos wirelessly.
here's the SD card reader i recently purchased for under $20 on Amazon...
http://IMEEK SD TF Card Reader with Lightning Micro USB Connector, External Storage Memory Expansion for iPhone/iPad/Android phones/Mac/PC - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M69BHHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_3JxCByFCV51CE

TT tech and life stuff, & consumer items advice on many subjects is always the best. Amazing how a bunch of dirt clods actually know real stuff too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RAZR_ said:

get a SD card reader that has an iPhone plug as well as a USB plug and you can edit on your phone from any SD card, or all the newer GoPro 's are Bluetooth so you can load videos wirelessly.
here's the SD card reader i recently purchased for under $20 on Amazon...
http://IMEEK SD TF Card Reader with Lightning Micro USB Connector, External Storage Memory Expansion for iPhone/iPad/Android phones/Mac/PC - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M69BHHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_3JxCByFCV51CE

Maybe you have input on this since the snake just said your one of the all time best movie editors on TT.  I like to think I do some decent edits to. Maybe I'll post some up.  

Awesome never knew that existed, I have the 128 GB 6S+ iPhone so memory capacity is not an issue at least for now.  So let me ask you this are you using this thumb drive just as a means of copying Go Pro footage to,the iPhone?  OR as a working external hard drive while working in and editing on the phone? OR both?  I will look later but is there one with a cord? Seams that would be better IF the thumb drive is being used as a working HD.  

This is a great way to manage the Go Pro footage!  Thanks for the tip! Actually somtimg I've been trying to figure out!  "How to get go pro footage from the SD card to the phone".  I recently bought a cloud based external hard drive to put go pro footage on to be able to access it from my iPhone but I have not figured it out compleatly yet.  Access dose not seam as seamless as I hoped for.   

BUT I just thought of somthing, managing the file size and long length of video clips Go Pro footage is a PIA to start with even on a good PC. For example On my PC "custom built work station" for CAD / graphics and 3D modeling work I do running 64 bit win 7, I have at least 64 GB ram I think maybe even 128GB ram don't remember now? AND ATIFire GL V8650 video card, running raid 10 with 4 redundant HDs, HDs are 7200rpms I think? Not the fastest but fast for when I built this PC about 7-8 yrs ago.  video editing in windows movie maker was always a bit of a struggle. Glitchy! Not smooth and not painless!  Play back was always glitchy.  Just frustrating!! I gave up trying to do any editing on it unless it was absolute necessary especially go pro footage because the takes are always SO dam long. SO how will the iPhone mange all this? And that's why I'm so stoked on editing on the iPhone it works so well! Or should I say "it just works like it should"!   

Do you know of a good free editing software for PC?  I recently installed win movie maker back on the box, but now it's not supported by MS.  I did really like movie maker but I think it was really part of the problem it just sucked on the technical side of it! 

Also like I said before dealing with Go Pro footage on my sons MacBooks is also a bit glitchy?  Any input? Is it just go pro footage?  

I recently had to have my PC raid rebuilt and replace 1 failed hard drive, believe it or not the fricken raid data was not recoverable. Free electronics worked on it for almost 2 weeks for me but could not rebuild the drive array so I lost some data.  I know what your going to say but the computer always ran flawlessly for 7-8 years, so that would not be any issue for why video editing was so difficult in the past. I mention this because it's the only other variable that might make movie maker editing run so bad ONLY because when this all happened the 2 Tara bite drive size was about 3/4 full so I'm sure that contributed to video editing issues, and over time maybe I'd did get worse.  

I looked but iPhone iMovie dose not seam to,have image stabilization?? Or dose it? Is there in update? Or other way to do image stabilization on iPhone?  

Sorry for such a long post and gong back and forth on PC and iPhone/ Mac  just hoping you might have input on all this.