DRZ MIND BOGGEL

Hi everyone,

I have a 03 DRZ-400s, and since ive bought it ive had the same problem after many tries and successes at fixing.

Basically when ever it feels like it(it has to be cold) it will decide not to start and will most of the time just let out huge ass backfire 3 or 4 times while trying to start her.

I have cleaned out my carb about 8 times now, with 2 different bike "experts helping me".

It seems as if everytime i clean the carb it will the work- sometimes for months and sometimes only for hours and then BACK to the original issue of not starting and only backfiring...

(when she does run though she runs beautifully and when trying to start her IF she doesnt backfire she will start on first swing everytime.)

I have checked valve clearances and are within tolerances.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Try cleaning the electrical connections, there is a grease used for trailer connectors that is non conductive.

• Like 1

May be stupid, but have you checked your tank? If i clean something and it's good for a bit and back to clogged (re cleaning fixed it again and again) I would look to see if your introducing some containment into the fuel... like rust in the tank.

Clear fuel line and a cheap filter for testing makes it a lot easier from what I've tried 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RC_ichard said:

May be stupid, but have you checked your tank? If i clean something and it's good for a bit and back to clogged (re cleaning fixed it again and again) I would look to see if your introducing some containment into the fuel... like rust in the tank.

Clear fuel line and a cheap filter for testing makes it a lot easier from what I've tried 

I second that.

I believe the grease 38Super is talking about is called Dielectric grease.  Any time I reconnect something on my bike, it gets a dab of that.

• Like 1