What to use to clean the white plastic and fuel tank?

Any tips would be appreciated, it's hard to make them really shine, especially where my boots/knee rubs against them.

3 hours ago, Monk said:

Mr Clean Magic Eraser, period! 

eh, I have polish it out afterwards. 

9 minutes ago, Monk said:

Lol, Wut? Never polished anything out... 

Mr clean magic eraser leaves the plastics dull........ You know the Mr. Clean/Melamine foam is abrasive like a polish/cutting compound right? 

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/can-you-use-a-magic-eraser-on-paint/

I just scrub to get the plastics clean. 

Tank I am all for mr clean erasers 

Edited by Sigma Pi

2 minutes ago, Sigma Pi said:

Mr clean magic eraser leaves the plastics dull........ You know the Mr. Clean/Melamine foam is abrasive like a polish/cutting compound right? 

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/can-you-use-a-magic-eraser-on-paint/

I just scrub to get the plastics clean. 

You wipe it down with the ME, then spray a little Maquires Tire Shine and she's brand new... You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monk said:

You wipe it down with the ME, then spray a little Maquires Tire Shine and she's brand new... You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill... 

Oh I am like that lol.  So we agree its a little dull afterwards (I agree its not really noticeable unless you get it in the right light).  I HATE tire shine, its greasy, unless its the under the fender I am all for it though.   If its on top, that's when I polish/buff

......... I shouldn't have gotten a white bike lol. I am OCD. 

Sos pad for the white plastic?

Yes believe it or not you don't have to just bare down on it either my number plates take a bashing with my boots honestly I don't know how lol but when they get black marks an scuffs a soapy sos pad cleans it right up with that said it's not going to polish it by no means BUT it will not scar it up either

Keep it in the dirt and you won't have to clean it! Lol!  If you do have a hard spot to clean, try GOOF OFF, but be careful or it will take the color out of the graphics if you let it sit long or put too much on. 

Try some comet and a green scotch bride pad. It won't scratch the plastics or tank. Cleans up real nice. Follow by a liberal application of SC1. Shiny and new(ish) This has been working for me quite well. 

I agree on the mr clean magic erasers, as far as plastic marks, that really is the only option that Ive seen work well with limited marring damage .  There are also generic magic erasers, they aren't worth a crap. Now sos pads, you are talking substantial marring. Scotch brite is closer to an sos pad, but much less. The mr cleans are the easiest with limited marring.

Its mainly glass like plastic finishes , that you can tell a Mr clean, has dulled the finish, but going to be much worse with others mentioned.

armoral or similar will dress right up for dulled finish, other wise just have to live with the dingy marks, and don't clean your bike like me. Sure I'll take a wet rag and wipe it down, but its a dirt bike, Im not into major washing. I did that in my 20 's, ride an hour and spend two hours washing. 

note you can use wd40 or armoral, on the magic eraser

Edited by Spud786
  • Like 1