Sign in to follow this  

As tolerated.................

Per VA Doc yesterday can ride 'dirt' as tolerated.  Which I take to mean take it easy and don't fall on elbows.  Right hand got some strength and dexterity back, left not so much, was the crap shoot on the surguries.  Will wear my riding 'armor' THOR vest, and hockey elbow guards just in case.  Still not healed, got a month to go on left, 6 weeks on right, but explained my need to exercise, he relented as both elbows scars are well healed, just rough and tough as they need to flex more, and internal stiches poking out, self dissolving don't touch.  I do wear a cut off athletic sock over scars to protect them from T-shirt sleeve snags, and from the dirt and dust of the farm.  So planning on taking the 'L' on my 5 physical training laps, nothing 'fast' just a range of motion ride.  Got OK for racetech per da momma, so fork heads to CA here soon so at least three weeks I figure before I get it back, so enjoy the 'L' till then and more after return.

As the Lilly video shows track is not that 'hard' and nothing to really create a fall down issue unless I get 'stupid' and go too fast.  Still rough from the tilling, will take pickup around to pack a 'line' so no clump fall down issues.  Once race tech on will need better off road tires before I dual purpose race, the vintage track that races are held has the usual Midwest powder dust and marble dirt clod riding on marbles.  Biggest issue people find during races is visablilty because of the dust and they do not have a effective watering system in place yet.  Target is the 16 Jul or latest 19Aug race, real need is to get back into shape and stamina before then.

• Like 4

Did the five laps, arms ache and the scars are not flexable enough yet.......but it was fun👍

Did not get pictures done as promised, had things to get done first before rains set in.  Will get them up ASAP.  Off to Home Depot in AM to get a brush cutter disc for weed whacker (4 stroke no less) and start the deweed process.  Can't use defoliant as Sheep will be and Goats are feeding daily off the track field.  Those dam thistles are back as well.   Hopefully tomorrow finish the drain Lake Ceresco piping and the top of the hill water way as corn field to east as it is not planted water runs off due to terrain and settles right at that corner of track.  As tolerated means I use all this work to get arms back to strength as best as I can and increase stamina....really worse than I thought in physical shape.

Was fun going to Honda Auto dealer and looking at a Ridgeline pickup, took the 'L' and the salesman and a few mechanics had to look it over, leverage for a better 'deal' we shall see.

Edited by oldsoldier173
  • Like 4