Sign in to follow this  

Another Jetting thread - Slip-on vs full system

I know there is plenty of info on jetting, but I can't seem to find the jetting recommendations and how they differ for a full system vs. a slip.

If there is a link please post up.

I have the JD, 3X3, and K&N.  I am running the FMF powercore 4 slip on.  I typically ride close to sea level in Central PA but am going to the Tail of the Dragon next week.

The main question is 155 vs 160 ???

Thanks!

At one point I was running a stock S header with a slip on and went back and forth between the 155 and 160. I couldn't really tell much of a difference until I added the powerbomb header. If you are going to change it I would put the 155 in. Should suit that setup best.  Worked for me. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking 155 would be Ok to start

It should use the standard stock jetting in the JD jetting instructions you got with the kit if you still have the stock head pipe.Slip on muffler is mostly for sound.The biggest restriction on a drz exhaust is the head pipe.If you run a open free flowing full system then more detailed jetting comes into play.

Thanks for the help. Kit says 155, blue needle on the 3rd clip. That's what I'm going with